Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to paint over the shit spray paint job the guy who owned my car before me did. If anyone has any suggestions for body painting kits any help for it is appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I hate the dip he dipped all my emblems and my wheels I spent tonight pulling it off because it started peeling and what not and I'm still not done because it looks like he did them over and over

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
No I hate the dip he dipped all my emblems and my wheels I spent tonight pulling it off because it started peeling and what not and I'm still not done because it looks like he did them over and over
Using PlastiDip was the WORST idea ever did to my car...lol

Used once & never again.

I only use Vinyl Overlay on my car now...

Good Luck getting the car painted!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Unless the previous owner used spray paint then you will have a very hard time doing a better job then he did on your first try. I've painted body panels several times and even though I get better each time I have always been disappointed with the results. You are going to have to spend at least $500 just to be able to spray. Good automotive paint isn't cheap either.

Do you have any pictures of the paint job? It might be possible to fix it with some wet sanding and buffing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unless the previous owner used spray paint then you will have a very hard time doing a better job then he did on your first try. I've painted body panels several times and even though I get better each time I have always been disappointed with the results. You are going to have to spend at least $500 just to be able to spray. Good automotive paint isn't cheap either.

Do you have any pictures of the paint job? It might be possible to fix it with some wet sanding and buffing.
I can take some tomorrow and post it, it looks like he tried to sand it and buff it but he didnt do it right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts