Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2005 mazda 3 which worked perfectly until today. I went to start it and nothing just a clicking sound. We bump started it and let it run for awhile went for a drive to charge up the battery but as we were driving it was losing power.
Power windows dont work
Washer fluid doesnt work
Horn doesn't work
But everything else like lights and wipers works..any thoughts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
So I have a 2005 mazda 3 which worked perfectly until today. I went to start it and nothing just a clicking sound. We bump started it and let it run for awhile went for a drive to charge up the battery but as we were driving it was losing power.
Power windows dont work
Washer fluid doesnt work
Horn doesn't work
But everything else like lights and wipers works..any thoughts
Might how a Bad Ground someplace, Alternator going bad (maybe)......Check the voltage on the Battery itself...

Also heres a cool trick to see if its the Alternator is going bad or not...Start the car up...Let it Idle and up to Temp....Remove the Negative clamp from the battery...If the car keeps running w/o dying the Alternator is good...IF the car goes dead then you know its the Alternator!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Also heres a cool trick to see if its the Alternator is going bad or not...Start the car up...Let it Idle and up to Temp....Remove the Negative clamp from the battery...If the car keeps running w/o dying the Alternator is good...IF the car goes dead then you know its the Alternator!
never do this with a modern car
you risk spiking your ecu/tcm and can cause thousands of dollars of damage

1 - 4 of 4 Posts