Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a stock 2005 Mazda 3 hatchback. A week ago it started shaking on deacceleration. I thought it was because of bumpy roads so I went to the highway. The car starts shaking no matter what the speed is, but only on deacceleration. If I keep the same speed it doesn't shake. If I accelerate, it doesn't shake. I accelerated up to 100 mph (160kmh) and everything was normal, but when I released the gas pedal, then the car started shaking like crazy, also the gearshift was shaking. It doesn't matter if it's in neutral or 2,3,4,5 it happens on deacceleration. It was really scary. What could be the problem ? It isn't because of rpm or brakes.

Someone told me it might be because of transmission, another told me it's because of motor mounts, other person told me to balance the wheels, other person told me to buy a new engine. From my knowledge if it's because of wheels, it would happen on acceleration, keeping the same speed and deacceleration, not only on deacceleration.

So what in the world is the problem ?

Thank you !!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I don't think it would be because of the wheels if it's only happening on deceleration.
I get a little "shiver" with my car when coming to a stop, but it's only the few seconds right before I come to a complete stop... That's about it.

Sorry, I can't offer any insight as to what it might be. But I doubt that it's the wheels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the wheels balanced today. It wasn't because of the wheels. I just noticed the broken motor mount on the passenger side. I'm wondering if it could have done some damage to the axle because this was happening for a week.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
ill tell you what, my car sounded like the engine was about to drop out of it because i had my motor mounts broken, there was a huge like day and night difference after you replace them...i drove on broken mounts for about 3 weeks so i doubt it did any damage, I had some shaking and some ugly noises, i would start with cheap stuff first, aka mounts befor anything more expensive, just my 2 cents

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ive had the same issue and it was my blown motor mount. There has been a lot of issues with the motor mounts on 2.3s hatches made in 05.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good to know the motor mounts are an issue with the '05 2.3s hatch. I have noticed some vibrations before, but not to mitko's extent.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
im an owner of 04 hatch. .and had the same thing happening... passenger side motor mount went out... :)
after that... runs like a champ :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts