Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry if this was answered somewhere else, I probably don't know what to call it/search for.

When I'm in first or second gear and have the RPMs (roughly) above 3/3.5k and take my foot off the pedal, the car will shake/buck while the RPMs fall down, occurring around 2.5-3k and then disappearing. The car will also often shake/buck when I try to accelerate from idle (but the car is still moving forward) at around the same RPM band. Does this have something to do with the electronic throttle or is it a transmission issue? or something else?

Not really an issue, more of an observation... if I'm in first or second gear, on reasonably flat ground and do not have my foot on the clutch or throttle, my car will still drive forward, similar to an auto when you don't have a foot on the brake or throttle. I thought manuals were supposed to die if you did this. If I'm not in gear, the car will come to a stop. I have verified this through miles of slow highway/interstate traffic and residential streets.

Car specs: 07 2.3 MT, grounded tb, intake resonator removed, otherwise stock.

Thank you to anyone with pertinent advise!

·
Registered
265 Posts
If you are in gear with the clutch out the car will move. the engine is connected to the wheels. turning engine means turning wheel.
Push in the clutch or put it in neutral and the engine is no longer connected to the wheels.

As for the shaking you experince, maybe someone else can answer that one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts