Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has already been started on another thread but I thought I'd throw in the scans (Dinu, please don't beat me up! j/k). Courtesy of both Car and Driver Mag and Captain KRM P5 on another Mz Board. The Mz3 fairs very well with other cars.

I wish they had some sedan pics as well. :cry:

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Seems like they were hoping the Mazda3 would have reflected the Protege's qualities more than it currently shows. The protege was a pure enthusiast's car so it's understandable that they might feel a bit disdain.

I personally prefer more refinement and still keep the 3's still superior handling qualities and new power gain!

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
But if we look at the graphs, it doesn't look bad at all :)

It pretty much echoes my impression of the 3: Quieter, more "luxurious", smoother, a better ride, but with some steeriung feel that is lost.

All in all, in my books, still a kick-ass car.

·
Registered
106 Posts
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
In their performance numbers? No?
Ya, the 0-60 isn't bad, but the 1/4 mile is a little disappointing, I was really hoping for 15.7ish. I suspect the sedan would fair a little better.

The 5-60 is also a real disappointment, 1.2 seconds form the 0-60 time is a huge hit.

Oh well, still, for the price of the car, performance is still pretty darn good.

Darren.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.