Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has already been started on another thread but I thought I'd throw in the scans (Dinu, please don't beat me up! j/k). Courtesy of both Car and Driver Mag and Captain KRM P5 on another Mz Board. The Mz3 fairs very well with other cars.

I wish they had some sedan pics as well. :cry:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what sucks?

You can't take C&D reviews seriously. They are way over critical of the 3.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Seems like they were hoping the Mazda3 would have reflected the Protege's qualities more than it currently shows. The protege was a pure enthusiast's car so it's understandable that they might feel a bit disdain.

I personally prefer more refinement and still keep the 3's still superior handling qualities and new power gain!

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
darian said:
what sucks?

You can't take C&D reviews seriously. They are way over critical of the 3.
Whether or not you choose to take it seriously, this thread is about the review. So it sucks.

Besides, I'm not even reading the text... I'm reading the numbers.

·
Registered
272 Posts
No, just minor stuffs like steering-wheel spec, red line, car weight, and height comparision. It just tells me how serious the article is (or isn't).

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
But if we look at the graphs, it doesn't look bad at all :)

It pretty much echoes my impression of the 3: Quieter, more "luxurious", smoother, a better ride, but with some steeriung feel that is lost.

All in all, in my books, still a kick-ass car.

·
Registered
396 Posts
could someone (darian) enarlge those comparison car graphs?
i can't see what they are comparing, thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
6_funk said:
could someone (darian) enarlge those comparison car graphs?
i can't see what they are comparing, thanks
They are comparing the mazda3 (obviously), in red, to the Focus SVT, Sentra Spec V and toyota matrix SRS.

Darren

·
Registered
106 Posts
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
In their performance numbers? No?
Ya, the 0-60 isn't bad, but the 1/4 mile is a little disappointing, I was really hoping for 15.7ish. I suspect the sedan would fair a little better.

The 5-60 is also a real disappointment, 1.2 seconds form the 0-60 time is a huge hit.

Oh well, still, for the price of the car, performance is still pretty darn good.

Darren.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts