Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to program the old key fob from my 2003 Protege to my daughter's 2006 3. I've done the lock/unlock door, the turn the key to on three times and open/close the door three times, but the ECU doesn't respond. If I need to clear the codes in the ECU, how do I do that, if not that, then what? I don't relish spending $35 to $50 bringing it somewhere for them to do it. I also did the diagnostic check that I found on another forum: turn the key on/off four times, open/close door three times. Absolutely no response from the ECU. So, does that mean I need to reset the ECU? Or what might the issue be? I would really like to get this working for my daughter, any help would be greatly appreciated.:awais::awais:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Following this because my 04 won't respond either. I have an utterly useless flip key that has been in my center console for a couple of years now. :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Any fix with this issue?.... can't get my 04 mazda 3 to get into programming mode. Did the dance with the key, door and it won't unlock & lock to let me know it is in programming mode. Even a locksmith came today tried for 40 mins and nothing. Locksmith said maybe something is wrong with the ignition cylinder, but not sure that's related...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts