Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hokay, so ive got a little bit of a stumper for you guys. im sure i should post this in the FI section or the speed section since its pretty specific but oh well, maybe someone will stumble on this.

i recently installed a greddy full auto turbo timer on my car and the unit works perfectly. the only problem is that i cant lock my doors with the remote until the unit has fully counted down and shut off the car (thus defeating the purpose of the turbo timer if i still have to sit there with it :lol:)

its hooked up the exact same way described in the walkthrough on here with an apexi turbo timer, and a local guy followed the same instructions and his worked just fine, any ideas?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I got the same TT and my locks work perfectly fine. I guarantee you didn't wire it correctly. I'm at work right now so I don't have the paper in front of me how I wired mine and I can't remember but when I get home (if I'm not too tired) I'll come back and post otherwise give me till like tomorrow.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Hey, here's the info on the mode switch I mentioned in your thread:

Mode Line Switch:
This feature is used when the count down does not properly operate. If the engine shuts down when the IG key is turned off with out counting, follow these instructions.
(1) While in Setup Mode, press the P+S button to go to Line Switch mode.
(2) Hold down the T button for 2 sec to change to Acc.
(3) Change the switch on the back of the head unit to Acc.
* Make sure that both of these settings match for proper operation. *

First off I double double-check that your line switch on the back matches the line mode in the software settings, and if not just make them the same (default is supposed to be Ig, for ignition). If that doesn't work switch both to Acc (accessory). Since you wired both wires to constant power, both should still let the engine run while counting down, but this will effect whether the car "sees" that its still running or not.

P.S. i dunno if yours came with a Japanese-only manual like mine did, but this might help... english manual link:
http://www.greddy.com/img/PHP/products/pdf/685.pdf

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=twelveinch link=topic=139535.msg3008867#msg3008867 date=1237670672]
I got the same TT and my locks work perfectly fine. I guarantee you didn't wire it correctly. I'm at work right now so I don't have the paper in front of me how I wired mine and I can't remember but when I get home (if I'm not too tired) I'll come back and post otherwise give me till like tomorrow.
[/quote]

please do check your wiring and pm me tomorrow (or post up here, either way). the install guide that i followed is this one:

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=125075.0

cali_axela - i think your on the right track, but im not quite sure i follow, since i get the count down just fine. theres no issue with that at all. i just went out to the car and switched the switch on the back and tried turning accessory on and off, and nothing happened. it just died as if the TT wasnt even on. i switched it back to where it was originally and did the same and the dash lights stayed on, however my gauges turned off when the key came out (as they always have). so imo your on the right track with the car not "seeing" that its on, but im not sure what to do to make the car see that, since it counts down and keeps the car running, but not the accessories, such as the remote locks.

:thinking:

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'll be home around 3 so I'll check what I did and I'll let you know.

The only thing I didn't do is wire the purple? wire to the ECU's speed wire.

Last thing, this TT, also allows for automatic calculation of idle that it determines based on your RPM range.... however, I can't get the automatic mode to work... the manual states that on some cars this mode may not work.... I hope that's not true for this car but that the reason it doesn't work (somehow?) is due to the speed wire not being connected....

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=twelveinch link=topic=139535.msg3009773#msg3009773 date=1237739345]
I'll be home around 3 so I'll check what I did and I'll let you know.

The only thing I didn't do is wire the purple? wire to the ECU's speed wire.

Last thing, this TT, also allows for automatic calculation of idle that it determines based on your RPM range.... however, I can't get the automatic mode to work... the manual states that on some cars this mode may not work.... I hope that's not true for this car but that the reason it doesn't work (somehow?) is due to the speed wire not being connected....
[/quote]

sweet, let me know what you find.. im hoping its not different on the speeds as it is on the regular 3, but even if it is, theres gotta be a way to get it to enable door locks while counting down. :thinking:

im not worried about the automatic shut down thing though, i have it set to a minute of idle, which should be fine for whatever kind of driving i do. if its coming off a seriously hot run ill just leave the key in for a minute then let the TT take over. i REALLY just want to be able to lock my doors while its counting down :( thats the whole idea behind a TT. i kinda have to sit there with it or do it all manually now.. kinda defeats the purpose :(

bump! anyone else been though this? multiple minds > one mind.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yeah, it does defeat the purpose of the TT. Sorry, I didn't post yesterday it was a busy day. I'll post on here or PM you in a few hours of exactly what I did. Hang in there.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its cool, whenever you get time. ill be busy later in the week with tests anyway so i might not get around to actually doing it until this weekend.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=twelveinch link=topic=139535.msg3028641#msg3028641 date=1238472564]
Did you get my PM's? If so, did you have time to do this yet?
[/quote]

i did receive your pm, although i havnt had a chance to try it. car show this weekend so i was trying to put everything back together rather than rip it apart :lol:. im pretty sure my install is the same as yours but i will let you know for sure.

im not having any issues with the timer doing its job, it just seems like the car thinks the car is "motor running" on, instead of "accessory" on, thus keeping the motor running, but nothing else. all my gauges go off and the radio quits when the key comes out :(

·
Registered
385 Posts
[quote author=*txmica3* link=topic=139535.msg3028650#msg3028650 date=1238472796]

im not having any issues with the timer doing its job, it just seems like the car thinks the car is "motor running" on, instead of "accessory" on, thus keeping the motor running, but nothing else. all my gauges go off and the radio quits when the key comes out :(
[/quote]

Then you definitely wired it wrong because when I turn the car off and the TT begins its count down everything stays on... radio, etc....then, as soon as the TT reaches 0- everything shuts off.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote author=twelveinch link=topic=139535.msg3028843#msg3028843 date=1238494857]
[quote author=*txmica3* link=topic=139535.msg3028650#msg3028650 date=1238472796]

[/quote]

Then you definitely wired it wrong because when I turn the car off and the TT begins its count down everything stays on... radio, etc....then, as soon as the TT reaches 0- everything shuts off.
[/quote]

ok, ill go compare mine to yours then and see what the deal is.

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
Red wire on harness to thick red wire in the steering column.
Blue wire on harness to the same red wire.
Green wire on harness to the thick green/yellow wire.
Black wire on harness to ground (duh).

Thank you come again!

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote author=smokinAMD link=topic=139535.msg3029822#msg3029822 date=1238530898]
Red wire on harness to thick red wire in the steering column.
Blue wire on harness to the same red wire.
Green wire on harness to the thick green/yellow wire.
Black wire on harness to ground (duh).

Thank you come again!
[/quote]

well thats exactly how mines wired.. any other ideas? lol

i swear, fuck greddy and all their products. i have not had a single one work right straight out of the box. :x i really like their ebc's but im afraid to buy one at this point..

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
Strange. It should work then, you don't have the e-brake or RPM wires hooked up do you?

·
Registered
217 Posts
i had somewhat of the same problem when i was doing some wiring. i just took the ground and power off the battery for 20 minutes so it could fully reset.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote author=smokinAMD link=topic=139535.msg3029949#msg3029949 date=1238534642]
Strange. It should work then, you don't have the e-brake or RPM wires hooked up do you?
[/quote]

nope, those are the only 4 wires i have tapped. the other mini-harness for the e-brake isnt even plugged in.

[quote author=Shwat link=topic=139535.msg3029954#msg3029954 date=1238534857]
i had somewhat of the same problem when i was doing some wiring. i just took the ground and power off the battery for 20 minutes so it could fully reset.
[/quote]

do you have the greddy full auto TT?

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[quote author=smokinAMD link=topic=139535.msg3030324#msg3030324 date=1238544539]
That's really strange. Mine works flawlessly.
[/quote]

is it a greddy?

i stress this because ive seen apexi's work no problem hooked up this way, yet my greddy wont. so if everyone else has an apexi, it wouldnt perplex me that it works.. however if someone hooked up a greddy this way and it works, then i know somethings up..

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
Greddy full auto, has worked flawlessly for well over a year.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts