Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmm....

Sedan or Sport?

The only reason I like about the Sedan is because it's not HB. But honestly I dun really like the shape of its tail lights (The lens) and the sunken front hood.

The reason I like the Sport one is the "raised" front hood and it has a better set of tail lights, but unfortunately I'm not into HB.

:? :? :? :? :?

I'm such a fuzzy guy.... :|

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
welll being biased towards sedans...i go with sedans!!!! hheee

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Why don't you guys in the US like HBs? I want a car w/MT, A/C, 16"/17" wheels and a sunroof and to get the HB in that trim it's too much, otherwise I'd pick one up w/out hesitation.

Much more versatile than the sedan - that's real sport utility!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Both are great cars.
Depends on what you're looking at.
Sport would definitely have more trunk space.

·
Registered
187 Posts
dinu01 said:
Why don't you guys in the US like HBs?
Why don't you like sedans?

Everyone has their own preference in style and utility. Why should our preference be held against us? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If you want a more rational explanation as to regional preferences, then perhaps it is because in America, we tend to favor a three-box sedan because it's simply engrained in our minds as the true shape of a car ... whereas the hatchback is associated with smallness, fuel efficiency, and lesser safety in a country of bigger = stronger = better. While that argument is hardly logical considering both designs are the same size and weight class, hatchbacks just aren't native to America in terms of concept and design, and they're subsequently still seen as being of European origin, even if people don't realize it on anything but a subconscious level. American families that need the utility of a larger vehicle go for a larger minivan or SUV, which are just as diametrically opposed to European markets as a hatchback design is to us.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I like hatchbacks like MZ6 one and like old MZ protege 5. But Mazda3 hatch looks kinda too long and kinda like a wagon, so that's the main reason I would say get the sedan.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
anamnesis said:
dinu01 said:

Everyone has their own preference in style and utility. Why should our preference be held against us? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If you want a more rational explanation as to regional preferences, then perhaps it is because in America, we tend to favor a three-box sedan because it's simply engrained in our minds as the true shape of a car ... whereas the hatchback is associated with smallness, fuel efficiency, and lesser safety in a country of bigger = stronger = better. While that argument is hardly logical considering both designs are the same size and weight class, hatchbacks just aren't native to America in terms of concept and design, and they're subsequently still seen as being of European origin, even if people don't realize it on anything but a subconscious level. American families that need the utility of a larger vehicle go for a larger minivan or SUV, which are just as diametrically opposed to European markets as a hatchback design is to us.
whoa whoa...i dont know if you are just being anal about that simple question...because i think he knows that different folks have different strokes but wow haha...you really went into detail =)...calm down :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
anamnesis said:
dinu01 said:

yeah, or its because we have bigger roads/parking lots in N.America? well I dunno about mainland Europe but it seems U.K. is small.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Well, in the case of the 3... unlike the 6... the hatch is a totally different body style. In the 6, the external look is the same, just the trunk looks a bit shorter. In the 3, it's got the vertical type hatch - so it looks totally diffferent from the sedan.

·
Registered
187 Posts
funkyfreshmonke said:
whoa whoa...i dont know if you are just being anal about that simple question...because i think he knows that different folks have different strokes but wow haha...you really went into detail =)...calm down
Calm down? I'm a tightwad for trying to rationalize regional differences in automotive culture? Yeah ... alright; I can't tell you how much I enjoy being told I'm anal for stating objective viewpoints of the American public car-buying public, which in this particular instance certainly don't represent my own.

I never said I dislike hatchbacks -- in fact, it was a swipe at the majority of Americans who favor gas-guzzling, oversized SUVs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Absinthe;

Great choice on the MAZDA3 SPORT. IMO this is, and will be the best looking "compact" model in North America. After having waited to see what the new VW GOLF will look like, I am not at all impressed.

So I have taken the time to go and put money down on a Titanium MZ3 SPORT with Signature Mazda.

Absinthe, the MZ3 Sport is very similar to the ALFA ROMEO 146 & PEUGEOT 206. I believe, having read this in CAR magazine, that they used these vehicles as their benchmarks. In Central Europe these are some "hot" hatches.

The MZ3 Sedan is also nice but, not to offend anyone, it is alltogether too similar to the rest of the cars out there right now.

By the way Absinthe, what business do you own? I am in the process of opening a new business close to Lansdowne Mall.

Defy

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Defy said:
Absinthe;

Great choice on the MAZDA3 SPORT. IMO this is, and will be the best looking "compact" model in North America. After having waited to see what the new VW GOLF will look like, I am not at all impressed.

So I have taken the time to go and put money down on a Titanium MZ3 SPORT with Signature Mazda.

Absinthe, the MZ3 Sport is very similar to the ALFA ROMEO 146 & PEUGEOT 206. I believe, having read this in CAR magazine, that they used these vehicles as their benchmarks. In Central Europe these are some "hot" hatches.

The MZ3 Sedan is also nice but, not to offend anyone, it is alltogether too similar to the rest of the cars out there right now.
I'm sold! :D

By the way Absinthe, what business do you own? I am in the process of opening a new business close to Lansdowne Mall.

Defy
I'm in the communications business. What kind of business are you opening?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Defy said:
Defy
How so? Nothing similar compares or comes close.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts