Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Just saw the review.

I'm getting goose bumps thinking about this car.

Hoping the pricing will be quite reasonable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the article said that there will be "little or no price increase" from when the Protege gets replaced so your looking @ a $23,000 to $30,000 Mazda3.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
MoçasJubbie said:
Well the article said that there will be "little or no price increase" from when the Protege gets replaced so your looking @ a $23,000 to $30,000 Mazda3.
The 5 stickers for $21-22K CAD. Where do you come up with $30K?

My 01 ES was $24.192 CAD taxes and interest included. With a sunroof/leather I can;t see it being hiher than $27.000

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
30K CAD is a bit too much. A 6 I4 MT GT (leather, etc) is listed at 28K CAD, so it better not push into that territory!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Good lord. And I complain about shopping in Nashville (it's like 10% now since they don't have income taxes). Here in KY it's only 6%. In my hometown of Evansville, IN, taxes were 5% but they just upped it to 6%.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
15% - on everything but groceries. Makes you think twice when you're shopping for something that costs a few hundred, and especially for something when we're talking about thousands...

But we got free healthcare - yey!

It's not that bad actually, but income tax on a decent salary is about 40%... Yikes! I know.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Wow... 40% income tax... that sort of puts things in perspective.

There are some interesting places in America where one can evade taxes quite conveniently. There are towns with low property tax, and some of them are on the boarder of a state, and the other state has no sales tax. So people who live in these towns reap the benefits of low property tax, then they go across the border to do their shopping. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Protege5 top model here sells for around 24700 MSRP. So with 15% tax, along with PDI, freight and all that BS crap it'll end up around mid 29000's.

So 30K sounds reasonably..... after tax that is. You can probably shave a bit off that through negotiations.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
dinu01 said:
15% - on everything but groceries. Makes you think twice when you're shopping for something that costs a few hundred, and especially for something when we're talking about thousands...

But we got free healthcare - yey!

It's not that bad actually, but income tax on a decent salary is about 40%... Yikes! I know.

That would be nice if everyone here stateside had FREE healthcare.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
When I say "free" you are covered for doc visits and hospital stays, surgeries, etc.... BUT not for drugs, vision and dental. So it;s not free free but rather free. You get the idea.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
MoçasJubbie said:
hehe, Oops sorry guys. Yes I meant ~ 30K CDN AFTER taxes, my bad.
phew! that sounds more like it :)
But MSRP on the P5 us about 21k, unless you get the top end fully loaded leather-all-around version... about 23,000... someone's making money...

I guess as a newer model, the Mazda 3 is not going to be cheap... nor will the dealers move, eh?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Well... I don't know if that's the whole picture. It seems to me that the 3 sedan will be replacing the Protege, and the 3 HB will be replacing the Protege 5.

The Protege family is nicely priced. We have the DX for 14k, the LX for 15k, the ES for 16k, and the P5 for 17k. So I guess the 3i might be 14k, the 3s will be 16k, and the 3s HB might be 17k. Who knows? But I don't think even the Mazda3s will start at 21k, seeing as that's the base price for the Mazdaspeed Protege and the Mazda6s.

Or by "us" you don't mean "US" and you really mean us being Canda, since I don't know where you are, seeing as that your location isn't in your profile. Which means I typed all that out for nothing...

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Kazbaeden said:
Or by "us" you don't mean "US" and you really mean us being Canda, since I don't know where you are, seeing as that your location isn't in your profile. Which means I typed all that out for nothing...
Sorry, the "us" part was a typo. It meant to say "is".

Actually, your answer helped. I know the Canadian prices (I am in Canada) so I'm hoping that, like you said, the prices will be pretty much the same: DX price for 3i price, etc.

Right now, the Mazda Protege DX in Canada is about 14,999 CDN. Hoping that this is where the new Mazda 3 would start. Some articles have stated that the price would be a little pricey, but probably not much... or something like that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts