Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I really hope I not asking repeated questions here, well I probably am, but I have looked throughout the boards and I can't really find all I'm looking for.

First off, I'm driving a 2007 Mazda 3 Sedan, GS model. Is that considered an "i" model?

Anyways, I've already installed a 6000k HID kit into the car, but now I'm looking at Fog Light options. What kind of lights will install into the GS model? I know the GT or 2.3 models have a completely different fog light setup. So I'm not sure what my 2.0 options are. As well, what kind of Halogen lights would match the 6000k's? Or would I have to buy another HID setup with the bulbs and ballasts, and do they even make such a setup for the 2.0?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Welcome :) Yeah it's an i model, but it's still a mazda3. There's i, and s, and in Canada gx, gs, and gt. S models won't fit, and I believe Mazda has oem fog lights for the 2007 i model, it does for the 2006 but it can't be swapped. You'd have to check out the dealership, as ebay fog light kits are not available for the 2007 yet.

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?board=1013.0
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?board=92.0

Are two of the boards sponsors, and they deal specifically with lighting. If you get the 6000k kit, there are hid match bulbs (halogen that mimic the hid look), that xenonexpert offers, as well as the xenon store. You can put real hid in the foglights but it would have to be custom made, and it would become pretty damn expensive.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I could get the OEM 2007 kit for the i model and then just swap out the bulbs with the HID match bulbs? Is that possible?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Yes, but you'd have to double check the fog light bulb type before you buy it. They switched it for 2007. The type should be mentioned in your owners manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts