Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i know everyone always asks what kind of sub to buy.. Well this is the amp I have...
http://www.millionbuy.com/adba2002v.html
and I had a old audiobahn 10" sub being powered by it, the sub was a 300watt RMS and it sounded GREAT, until A friend stabbed it with a screwdriver :( so I need a new woofer, I would buy one of the audiobahns but it looks like the are kinda hard to find..

so can anyone recommend me a 10" to work with this amp, and not to pricey either (I paid $40 for my previous 10" audiobahn speaker)

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
I think dual sells stuff cheap and I was in a car yesterday that had an all dual system and it sounded good for what it was.

·
Registered
323 Posts
you can always get a 10" Kicker Comp, It weighs in at 300/150 Peak/RMS. Your Amp would rock one of these subs and they are reasonably priced too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Go check out Image Dynamics. Their entry-level ID line is great for the money, basically the same spec as the original IDQs and they are less common if that's your thing. They used to be hard to find in a car but their success at DB Drag has made them somewhat more popular (although they are more of an SQ brand). Anyway, I ran IDQs and I loved them, and one of mine also had a hole poked in the cone (girlfriend's trumpet, grr, we broke up) and it seemed to be fine.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
[quote author=turmionkatilot88 link=topic=71665.msg1262520#msg1262520 date=1173705043]
you can always get a 10" Kicker Comp, It weighs in at 300/150 Peak/RMS. Your Amp would rock one of these subs and they are reasonably priced too.
[/quote]

I got me the 10" kicker comp VT i think. its supposed to be for trucks but it hits good in cars @ 400wrms.
Its hard to make it stay still in the sedan trunk tho, its lightweight and falls over. I need to mount it soon before I break it.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i ended up getting an alpine type s from best buy for $80 a friend was able to really mark it down from the listed $139 price tag...

i am very happy with it and its actually to loud I need to adjust my amp ALOT...

·
Registered
258 Posts
How much are you wanting to spend, thats the most important thing... i dont think you need 2 subs in a mazda 3, thats kinda overkill.. the car is small and it will be just bass, nothing more.. unless you are wanting to go for that ghetto bassbuggy sound.

I would say one 10 or 12" is more than enough if properly amplified.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts