Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard several people saying you can heat the leather seats, and the only factory heated options I've ever seen are in leather.

My question is, Can cloth seats be heated too? Seems like they wouldn't be a hazzard since leather seats have the same fabric filling as the cloth ones.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
yea fart on them LOL...sorry that juts came out

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
lol i know huh? but in all honesty, im not sure if you can heat up cloth seats, but you never know, but ive never seen heated cloth seats...but im sure someone on this forum would know...:)

·
Registered
126 Posts
the only reason i can see to heat seats would be if they were leather. u know cold on the ass when you get in.. so cloth... i see no point.

what would i know, i live in australia - it never rains, always hot.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
My dad's 98 Beetle has them too. What's nice is you can have four different heat settings, the aftermarket kit that I've seen available up here only has an on or off switch.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
The heated seats in my Jetta had the 4 different settings as well. But from 0 to 5 (5 being the hottest) you couldnt feel shit (many complained about this as well) so it was either on or off.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
It doesn't seem too hard, when I called the place that installs the heating elements the salesperson explained that they'd remove the seats from the car, remove the leather covering, install the heating elements and reinstall the covering and the seats, connect the electricals and find a place to mount the switch. He said it would take them less than half a day to do both front seats.

I wonder if I should get the rear ones done to...

·
Registered
290 Posts
bluntman said:
It doesn't seem too hard, when I called the place that installs the heating elements the salesperson explained that they'd remove the seats from the car, remove the leather covering, install the heating elements and reinstall the covering and the seats, connect the electricals and find a place to mount the switch. He said it would take them less than half a day to do both front seats.

How much did they quote you?

·
Registered
526 Posts
bluntman said:
Screw that... you're never going to sit back there!

·
Registered
202 Posts
well on that other post about heated seats, someone was quoted at $250 per seat. Any details on the installation? multi-level heat or just on/off? where are the controls mounted?

·
Registered
290 Posts
bluntman said:
Black7, I was quoted $550 plus taxes for a pair and $299 (I think) for a single.
thanks - that doesn't sound too unreasonable.

·
Registered
63 Posts
scoobe WRX now comes with heated seats as an option

1 - 17 of 17 Posts