Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know how to change the bulb inside the ash tray, but what about the stock blue light that is under the AC controls, just above the Ash Tray? I want to change it either to a brighter blue LED or maybe red. Does anyone know how to change it? I took apart the stereo head unit but the AC controls are actually a separate piece and that's where the light is. Does that piece just pull out? Is the bulb accessible?

Has anyone taken this apart?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Search and there is a write up on it somewhere included with how to change the AC and Radio colors. It's a hardwired "chip" LED so you'd have to desolder, remove and replace the LED on-board.

Pasta

·
Registered
782 Posts
I don't think he's talking about the AC and radio lights, I think he's referring to the dim blue light that illuminates the front of the ashtray at night when your lights are on. However, I don't really know how it looks since I don't have it on my '07 touring hatch. Is it just me or did they get rid of it for this year?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yea, I'm pretty sure I read on here that was a hardwired LED... but I can't recall what thread. Search away and you'll find it. :klavergreg:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts