Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm beginning to think that I can't.

I've been talking to and trying to be friends with my ex for about the last 2 months.. it's been all good until today.

I was trying to be a friend and we were talking about football. He's a big WVU football fan and he was going on a rampage talking about how important the game tomorrow is.. and me being the typical girl asked him why it was so important (the only thing I like about football is drinking beer and tailgating). He started being a smartass knowitall football guy saying "HELLO, where do we live? WHO should be our favorite team, and DO WE GET THE RESPECT WE DESERVE" (copied and pasted from our conversation).. I was like "well, I don't know a lot about football, SORRY." I guess that pissed him off because he said "I have to go, have a great day" (cop out).

I understand that he likes football but not everyone else does... I was just trying to talk about a topic that would interest him and he had to be a jerk about it. Fuck that, I think I'm done trying to talk to him.

ANYWAY anyone else feel free to share your nightmare(or not) stories about trying to be friends with your ex.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
well i tried to be friends with my ex a while ago, but it didn't work. But the problem was that we got along to well....and i had to end it before it messed up other things in my life.

·
Registered
933 Posts
HAHAHA. geez... this guy sounds like football is the love of his life and you never were lol. I like football too, but i dont get in fights about it!

As for me... I believe it can be done, because i have experience. My biggest issue is my most recent ex. She is also the mother of our daughter. It is definately important for me to stay "freinds" with her, to keep our relations issues away from the courtroom, if you know what i mean. For the most part we do get along, just obviously not as a couple, or we would be one. We do fight. everyone does, but we kinda deal with it, and role with the punches, and in the long run, we get along, thank god. But, im also freinds with a couple other ex's actually. Maybe im just a nice guy, i dunno. We realize we werent good as couple's, but theres more important things to worry about. Not to mention we all have pretty much the same group of freinds, so its hard to go somewhere and not be around them anyways, but we dont fight. There will always be the ones, however, that you just will not get along with, and usually, i think, you will realize that at some point and seperate yourself.

If i were your ex... i'd be happy that you still talked to me, cuz dammit your hot!(if that avatar really is your pic!) Unless of course, there is something we on the internet do not know about you.... Are you a murderer....Are you insane... Are you missing a leg... Do you have a penis?!?!

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ LOL no I have all of my body parts... never killed anyone... last i checked i have a vagina. but it depends on what you consider "insane" :wiggle:

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
just tell your ex Lousville will win....so he can just deal with it UWV is overrated (step-dad would kill me if he saw this) but regardless GATORS RUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
I think friendships are possible between exes, but only after considerable time and healing has passed.  Converting from a relationship to friendship with no time lapse in between is impossible..there's just too much history for there to be NO negative feelings, unless of course you're one of THOSE couples that had a mutually agreed-upon, totally peaceful and agreeable breakup.  Being friends includes seeing you with another guy and witnessing you go on with your life....nobody can do that without the slightest pang of jeaousy or resentment unless you really didn't give a damn about each other in the first place.  I say totally separate for a while (and I'm not talking days or weeks here) and re-approach the possibility then...but if your separation is fresh, just walk away slowly.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
yeah before me and my ex started talking it had been over a year.....but she was single :? and i was not....so it was easier to deal with. lol

i stay away now.....my girlfriend now is not that jealous....but i would like to keep my balls.... :)

·
Registered
933 Posts
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=61268.msg1045246#msg1045246 date=1162416790]
^ LOL no I have all of my body parts... never killed anyone... last i checked i have a vagina. but it depends on what you consider "insane" :wiggle:
[/quote]

by insane i mean... Does "Aunt Flo" visit you every day for the rest of your life, or just those couple days a month?!

Or lets describe it like this... Are you like one of my ex's that i don't talk to anymore? Do you tell people weekly that your going to commit suicide? Do you break up with guys then make them and their freinds believe that you are pregnant with his child? Do you tell them you have to get a consolidation loan because you can afford all your bills, then 3 months later tell them you are making  $250,000 a year? Do you make your bf's pay all the bills? Do you get kicked out becasue you go insane, then trash the entire apartment b4 you leave? Do you drop bf's of at work, tell them to fuck off, and peel out in the parking lot?! Ok, thats enough for now... could you imagine what its liek dealing wiht that? and thats only half the probs i had with that one!!!!!

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
[quote author=ryansser link=topic=61268.msg1045290#msg1045290 date=1162418155]
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=61268.msg1045246#msg1045246 date=1162416790]
[/quote]

by insane i mean... Does "Aunt Flo" visit you every day for the rest of your life, or just those couple days a month?!

Or lets describe it like this... Are you like one of my ex's that i don't talk to anymore? Do you tell people weekly that your going to commit suicide? Do you break up with guys then make them and their freinds believe that you are pregnant with his child? Do you tell them you have to get a consolidation loan because you can afford all your bills, then 3 months later tell them you are making  $250,000 a year? Do you make your bf's pay all the bills? Do you get kicked out becasue you go insane, then trash the entire apartment b4 you leave? Do you drop bf's of at work, tell them to fuck off, and peel out in the parking lot?! Ok, thats enough for now... could you imagine what its liek dealing wiht that? and thats only half the probs i had with that one!!!!!
[/quote]

dude....dude....thats bad. some funny.....but mostly bad

·
Registered
15 Posts
Honestly, I've never seen it work. Post-couple relationships run their corse the same way the actual relationship does. From my experiance, if both parties really try, you can be friends for a while, even visit eachother for a few "re-do's". But as time goes on you'll grow apart and eventually you'll end contact with eachother. The end is normally for the best. It's really the only way to move on. All you can do is try to stay civil.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
er, it doesn't matter if he's your ex, or your current -- an asshole is always an asshole

PS: you shouldn't tolerate this crap either way, this is irrelevant of the topic...

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
First of all, this is EXCELLENT news that you're now single. :love:

Second of all, from my experience, all being friends with your ex does, is DESTROY HIM FURTHER.  I strongly don't recommend it.

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
I think whether you can stay friends depends largely on why they're your "ex" to begin with. As has been suggested here by others, you may be a hottie, in which case he is probably still attracted to you and that makes it nearly impossible for him to be civil. blue balls will do that to you! :p

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
If you continue to hang out with him, he'll always have that thought in the back of his mind that he might have a slight chance to get back with you.

·
Registered
822 Posts
One word. NO :shock:

1 - 20 of 213 Posts