Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question before I check myself: Can you aim (vertically at least) the stock halogen H7 bulbs?

I did a search and I see lots of posts about adjusting the level of HID's, but I only have the halogens. I recently swapped bulbs to get some better visibility, but now they seem to be aimed too low. Just wondering if there is a way to adjust it manually - I don't recall seeing anything beside the light housing that I could adjust when I swapped buls, but I wasn't looking for it specifically...

Thx in advance...

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
wow i didn't know that non-stock HID 3's had that feature :D thanks icspots

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=65522.msg1122155#msg1122155 date=1167245433]
wow i didn't know that non-stock HID 3's had that feature :D thanks icspots
[/quote]

They don't have the same system as the HIDs with the motor, and the wheel. Plus the adjustment screws won't be in the same place. Most headlights have screws for adjusting them...... at least I think so.

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
SWEET I think my HID's need to be lowered a little bit, I think I might be bliding other drivers.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=65522.msg1122235#msg1122235 date=1167248670]
SWEET I think my HID's need to be lowered a little bit, I think I might be bliding other drivers.
[/quote]
r urs aftermarket? if so it's because of the wholes around the projector and not because of the lights aiming high... if you park in front of a wall you will see 2-3 circles above the cutoff line... that's what bothers ppl... you can see it with regular lights as well but because HIDs are brighter it bothers more...

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
yeah mine are a/m... i don't think it's the holes because they're covered by my angel eyes.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=65522.msg1122316#msg1122316 date=1167252798]
yeah mine are a/m... i don't think it's the holes because they're covered by my angel eyes.
[/quote]

oh that's right... nm then.. LOL. maybe they are high since you had to take them apart...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts