Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this online on a local newspaper website what do you think

TALLAHASSEE -- Election season means you could be hit by a barrage of phone calls, door knocks and mail. And if it happens, it’s no mistake.

Florida’s political parties are pouring big money into a sophisticated new strategy called microtargeting.

Microtargeting relies on marketing data the parties have purchased.

The theory is if you drive a Ford or a Chevy, you’re likely to vote republican. If you’ve got a Volvo or a mazda chances are you’re a democrat.

From information like that, strategists can predict who you’re likely to vote for.

“When you get right down to it, when the rubber meets the road, it's about neighbors talking to neighbors; it's about direct voter contact with people who you know, who you trust,” said Democratic strategist Ben King.

The parties say microtargeting may not work so well this year since both presidential candidates are seen by many as moderates and have crossover appeal.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=LaraW link=topic=118504.msg2487909#msg2487909 date=1216904937]
Talk about over-generalization.

[/quote]

thats florida lol I guess its right when it comes to me though

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
[quote author=cougar729 link=topic=118504.msg2488153#msg2488153 date=1216909933]
What if I have a Chevy truck and a mazda car? :shock:
[/quote]

Independent...lol.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I have a Mazda and a Volvo. Damn...

·
Registered
17,743 Posts
[quote author=LaraW link=topic=118504.msg2487909#msg2487909 date=1216904937]
Talk about over-generalization.

I drive a Mazda and I am a Republican. XD
[/quote]

im sorry, that sucks

i think political parties are dumb and only hold us back. we should worry about the whats really good for us, not what our party wants.

and im not worried about sharing this view, i have said it to many people that you guys would know( seen on tv) i work for the goverment

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I agree. You shouldn't tow the party line. I don't really care for McCain, but like him better than Obama. And, I'd rather not see the progression towards all 3 branches becoming more liberal, you lose the much-needed (but always lacking) balance.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
[quote author=TEXNTHREE link=topic=118504.msg2488778#msg2488778 date=1216922041]
I agree. You shouldn't tow the party line. I don't really care for McCain, but like him better than Obama. And, I'd rather not see the progression towards all 3 branches becoming more liberal, you lose the much-needed (but always lacking) balance.
[/quote]

Liberals, conservatives, both need to be held accountable for their actions/programs. Scrutiny needs to work both ways where the bottom line is the determining factor. I would rather be liberal and progressive rather than play it safe and stay in the cave..... Just both methods need to be evaluated in a cost/benefit sort of way.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Playing it safe doesn't always mean living in a cave. It USED to mean not being wasteful with taxpayer's money or not making irrational decisions. Something neither party has truly done. Neither consider a cost/benefit analysis, especially with pork-barrel projects.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
[quote author=TEXNTHREE link=topic=118504.msg2489040#msg2489040 date=1216926609]
Playing it safe doesn't always mean living in a cave. It USED to mean not being wasteful with taxpayer's money or not making irrational decisions. Something neither party has truly done. Neither consider a cost/benefit analysis, especially with pork-barrel projects.
[/quote]

Exactly :woohoo: where did government accountability go?

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
the bi-partisan system is all a big game for power.
I will be a democrat when I don't have money and a republican when I do have it.

these studies most likely have some truth in them, but I think they are mostly crap.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well, I own a Mazda, and I'm a republican. Mazda is part owned by Ford though, so I'm not sure how they figure this to be accurate at all.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
[quote author=Dirtyaznstyle link=topic=118504.msg2489129#msg2489129 date=1216927997]
[quote author=TEXNTHREE link=topic=118504.msg2489040#msg2489040 date=1216926609]
[/quote]

Exactly :woohoo: where did government accountability go?
[/quote]

When was it ever around? And I'm talking about since the age of a governance system.

[quote author=ZoomGolfer link=topic=118504.msg2489203#msg2489203 date=1216928870]
Well, I own a Mazda, and I'm a republican. Mazda is part owned by Ford though, so I'm not sure how they figure this to be accurate at all.
[/quote]

I don't think they (people wasting their time with market studies) focus on the semantics of corporate ownership relative to vehicle ownership (although I might).

·
Registered
361 Posts
My wife drives a Volvo and I drive a Mazda but we both lean right. I can understand the Volvo connection that the majority of buyers are probably more liberal. Maybe only 60% though? I don't get the Mazda and Democrat connection. I would think it's 50/50.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[

[quote author=ZoomGolfer link=topic=118504.msg2489203#msg2489203 date=1216928870]
[/quote]

I don't think they (people wasting their time with market studies) focus on the semantics of corporate ownership relative to vehicle ownership (although I might).
[/quote]

it just goes to show you how much time and effort is wasted by these studies I am suprised they didnt market other companies as well though like toyota, honda, etc.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
i think it's a load of horse shit BUT

i drive a mazda and am demo, mi madre drives a ford and is repub

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[quote author=gru link=topic=118504.msg2491351#msg2491351 date=1216992607]
i think it's a load of horse shit BUT

i drive a mazda and am demo, mi madre drives a ford and is repub