Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a new Mazda3s sedan and am very pleased with it. But with all the problems about the brakes I have seen I am wary to take it to a road course I am currently signed up for. I am going to replace the brake fluid but my question is how do you guys think it would hold up on the track?

My old Integra had metallic brake pads and upgraded rotors so it was never a problem. Since there are no aftermarket parts yet for brakes it makes me worry that the stock brakes can't handle it.

Has anyone heard anyone taking their 3 to the track yet and if so how did their brakes hold up? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
I am sure the rotors/calipers will be perfectly fine. And I think you are on the right track with using new brake fluid, try Motul, and if you really want to be certain you could upgrade the pads anyway, I think our stock pads are shat.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the rotor's are cool but there is no aftermarket pad for the 3 yet. I just put some ATE super blue in the other day. That's really all you can do right now so we will see.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Brake dust

The pads are junk for sure. I think Mazda should get better pads for replacements in the near future.

My buddy's Altima has amazing pads, almost no break dust on his rims. There is tons of break dust on my 3. Poor pads produce more dust. What can you do.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Really good pads produce a lot of dust as well. If you want dust-free then you're going to have to give up some stopping ability.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If anyone happened to have an extra pair of brake pads, they could send them to Carbotech, and they could cut a custom pair of awesome track pads.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd bet my bottom dollar that the pads would last no more than 2 laps. Maybe not even that. Sorry to say, but forget trackwork until performance pads are avaliable.

-Mirror

1 - 9 of 9 Posts