Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning when I got into my car I had frost on the inside of my windshield along with the back window.
Does anyone have any idea on why this might of happened? It's the second time this winter it has happened.
The night before it was raining and humid then the temp dropped. I'm thinking I might of just had excess moisture
trapped in the vents and the car. I had to run the defogger all the way to work to defog and ice my windshield.
Any idea's on how to prevent this from happening again? :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
hmmm, in older cars, that can be symptom of a "heater core" leak...but I don't know what to think in a fairly new 3....

bump

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone? It happenned again this morning. Agh!

·
Registered
801 Posts
yea... you simply have something humid in the car... the floormats for example? then you need a (relatively) hot night and a cold morning... i think

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
Make sure that your windows are sealed tightly and you may want to change your controller to recirculate instead of fresh air on damp nights.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Fog and ice on the inside of your car is common on the west coast here in bc. ITs always damp outside and so when the glass cools any moisture in the air condenses, and presto fog or ice. Just gotta wait for the defrost setting to work its magic.

Kev.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I might get the door jams checked when I bring the car in for an oil change. It hasn't done this before..just recently..
Thanks for the input everyone

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
This has happened to me a few times already as well. Usually if a bunch of snow falls into the car when the door is open after a heavy snow.

At least the defrost works well, even though the a/c compressor runs whenever the defrost is on...which really does wonders on the ole gas mileage :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts