Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, but I am not sure if it only applies to Canadian dealerships or not. I plan on leasing the MZ3 and because I can give a DP the salesperson told me that the MSD plan would be perfect (don't know what it stands for). Essentially what is it, for those who don't know, its simply you give them the DP and they give it back after your lease period. It then lower's your monthly payments and they get $$$ to invest and make interest on during that period. That's what I get from it, but is this too good to be true or not?

Ex: Give $4000 DP, you get back $3500(maximum) after 36months

Thanks for the feedback! :lol:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Umm I have no idea, never heard of that sorry. Sounds almost like a Royal Buy Back somehow. What are your payments like with that?

·
Registered
78 Posts
i think the Dp includes the first Months' payment and all the Doc fees an stuff, and u get your DP after your lease too. and in canada B.C. if u give more DP u can get 5.7% or somethign lesss then that i think. When i was talking to my dealer he told me this but i finance my car so i am not too sure if is all true. O yea and Mz3 lease are 50/50 so u r only lease 50% of the car and when u want to buy it out u only will be paying the other 50% so i prety fair. Or was it 40% i forgot now lol but u can always go ask your dealer abt this, u wan to make sure just in case anyhting is different.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, thanks!

Thanks for the info, but I guess I really didn't get it then. I know it didn't drop my payments by "that much" but I know it did. That's why I don't get why you guys say it doesn't... Anyway. Thanks again and I will be going probably Tuesday to clear things up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts