Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many say it can't. (Devils advocate 8)) What am I talking about? 300 whp. That is what. Most say "eww, that little turbo can't do it, it is to much". Well, I am not so sure. Turbo alone on stock car, of course I do not think so. However, with all of the bolt ons alone I think you may get close, then there is the looming arrival of Cobb's and or CPE's tuning solution. Not to mention Xede. So what gives? Let the discussing/arguing commence!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
yup, and i wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't already done...

CAI, Race Pipe, engine management...

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
i think with ECU tune, intake, cai and the boost turned up a bit 300 whp on this turbo is not a problem...ive seen +250 whp k03's...but looking at graphs and crap that show what the turbo is capable of you will be shortening the life of the turbo. just gives you a reason to replace it with that ATP option. :)

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
It'll do it. Even without turning up the honk on it, the gains shown with all of the tuning solutions, 300 is easy.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured boost would not even need to be touched. Seems that way to me anyway. :p

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
That's kinda what i'm figuring. This turbo is close to max efficiency anhow, but given what they're getting with all these gains, over 300 on basic bolt-ons is a reality.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Yeah it will do it with ECU and CAI
CBE/TBE/RP, better intercooler, and others will push it over 300whp by far

Our turbo cannot hold 19psi to redline but can do 17psi to redline
Right now we are running 15psi on a good day, need ECU tuning!

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
it will. Among the mods that will help, a 3" exhaust.

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Tuning is a must for 300+whp. If we can hold 17psi and have a pretty flat torque curve I think it can be achieved.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I guess I posted in the wrong forum because I pretty much asked the exact same question yesterday in a different thread and got no response :(. If all of the bolt on mods don't increase boost, but either help the engine breath or lean out the A/F mixture then the turbo shouldn't be affected. That could just be a noob assumption though.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Yeah tuning is a BIG key with these. I don't know about anyone else, but mine runs pig-rich. Carbon everywhere. So leaning it out ought to get it into the sweet spot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts