Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is M3 Gt 05 with clear taillight. So i want to upgrade to Led taillight(06 or 07). Is it fit for my car and any extra wire? Or just plug it in ? Sorry for many noob question :)

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
yeah the LED part just plugs into the stock wires, so the only bulbs you need are turn signals and reverse lights. I suggest getting a chrome dipped bulb for your turn signal because it looks better than an orange bulb.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
They plug right in. The 06 models (at least the US spec model 3s) do not have OEM leds. I do know you can buy the 06 LEDs from japanparts.com though. 07 LEDs might be easier to get a hold of (Yes, they are different - but they will fit, just different style OEM LED from 06 to 07)

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
whoops I thought he was talking about the aftermarket LED tails.. ignore me...

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=72019.msg1268866#msg1268866 date=1173967042]
yeah the LED part just plugs into the stock wires, so the only bulbs you need are turn signals and reverse lights. I suggest getting a chrome dipped bulb for your turn signal because it looks better than an orange bulb.
[/quote]

Amber LEDs + resistors FTW!

Complete the LED look.

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
^ that would look good too! I had LED signals but I never used them because I just didn't want to fool with the resistors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts