Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on getting new rims/tires soon, but I have yet to get a camber kit (it's next), and I'm lowered on H-Techs. Now, with that said, how can I, until I get the kit, prevent my tires from wearing unevenly? I'm sure a simple rotation every 3-5k (not sure the specific, someone answer it if they know it), but will that truly do the trick? My RS-A's are pretty much gone, and I've noticed some uneven wear on 'em caused by my springs. Post up if you can help, it's appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Kyle

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
rotate your rims in an "x" pattern. ie: left rear to right front. just keep tabs on them frequently. you pretty much summed up what you need to do anyway.

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
[quote author=biped link=topic=66932.msg1149201#msg1149201 date=1168802571]
rotate your rims in an "x" pattern. ie: left rear to right front. just keep tabs on them frequently. you pretty much summed up what you need to do anyway.
[/quote]

If you have directional tires you won't be able to do the X pattern without removing the tires from the wheel each time.

·
Registered
611 Posts
[quote author=Hexedit link=topic=66932.msg1149236#msg1149236 date=1168803738]
[quote author=biped link=topic=66932.msg1149201#msg1149201 date=1168802571]
[/quote]

If you have directional tires you won't be able to do the X pattern without removing the tires from the wheel each time.
[/quote]

he said his RSA's are having uneven wear- so he can safely rotate in an X pattern. Get your camber kit man; thats the ONLY thing that will truly eliminate the uneven wear. By rotating often your only evenly dispersing the uneven wear.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm getting rid of the RS-A's and (hopefully) getting some Kumho Escta SPT's, so that's a no go on the X pattern (they are directional treads). Will just straight up rotating work?

I'm going to get the camber kit, it's just a matter of time. I'm thinking about doing both, a rear sway and the camber kit, and having them installed at the same time. Saving starts immediately after everything is ordered, so I doubt I'll have much wear on the new tires by the time I get the camber (hell, I may even get them at the same time, if not earlier, since it'll take 4 weeks, give or take, for the rims to arrive :))

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know they have kits, but this isn't what the thread is about, lol.

If anything, I'll order the one NSN has, since he's a forum sponsor and hooks us up with good deals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts