Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea about what the camber specs on the front of the 3 were? Also, will Mazda have "crash bolts" available to increase the camber?

I think the thing that really stopped the Protege from being an awesome autocross car was a lack of camber up front. Hopefully the 3 will not have this problem!

Any info appreciated :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the 3 use the same front suspension as the 6? If so, that would probably help me find the answer to this.

I'm hoping to replace the goofy 4 door civic with a slightly less goofy 4 door Mazda 3, but if the Mazda isn't going to be a significantly faster autocross car than my civic, I'll probalby keept the civic and buy some used thing as a second car to run instead.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I believe the Mazda3 uses a standard strut setup in the front, similar to most other cars in its class. You will probably have to wait for and buy an aftermarket camber kit. Lowering the car will also create negative camber.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stretch said:
You will probably have to wait for and buy an aftermarket camber kit. Lowering the car will also create negative camber.
Niether of those are legal for the SCCA's "stock" autocross classes, though. If I was gonna mod the car enough to compete in STS or something, I don't think I'd buy a new car ;) I'm cheap, though, and figure if I'm paying for a warranty, I want to be able use it :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts