Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i was wondering why do ht correction kits only come withe the rear camber links and dont include the front camber links, front camber is also afected isnt it? :shock:

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
i do not believe the front end has camber to it. if it does it's supposed to be +- .1

·
Registered
276 Posts
the above post is incorrect
----------------------------------------
the factory specs for the car are:
Decimal: Degrees:
Front: -.65 to -.68 -0°39' to -0°41'
Rear: -1.16 to -1.31 -1°10' to -1°19'

the front camber is only slightly affected by lowering the car (on the mazda3)
this slightly increases cornering performance without harming divability/tirewear/ect...

now, the rear goes to around -2.8deg when dropped. Which is why most will want to get a camber kit to bring it back to 1-1.5 or so. Its not mandatory though, i mean if your an agressive enough driver you can balance out teh tire wear by really nailing the corners, and all that rear camber will keep the rear from coming out on you. but if your a regular driver, commuter, ect..., get the rear camber kit

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Our front has: Steering Angle Adjustment and Total Toe-in Adjustment

Rear has: Total toe-in

Seems that after a big drop, the front just needs toe and steering adjustment, but no camber adjustment.

The rear needs camber correction, and toe adjustment.

·
Registered
801 Posts
[quote author=ViperDom link=topic=72366.msg1275811#msg1275811 date=1174305249]
the above post is incorrect
----------------------------------------
the factory specs for the car are:
Decimal: Degrees:
Front: -.65 to -.68 -0°39' to -0°41'
Rear: -1.16 to -1.31 -1°10' to -1°19'

the front camber is only slightly affected by lowering the car (on the mazda3)
this slightly increases cornering performance without harming divability/tirewear/ect...

now, the rear goes to around -2.8deg when dropped. Which is why most will want to get a camber kit to bring it back to 1-1.5 or so. Its not mandatory though, i mean if your an agressive enough driver you can balance out teh tire wear by really nailing the corners, and all that rear camber will keep the rear from coming out on you. but if your a regular driver, commuter, ect..., get the rear camber kit

[/quote]

I read that with a slight drop (lower than 1.5 inches like the H-techs which are 1.2) you don't need a camber kit... am i correct?

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's not really that you need or not need, it's the more camber you have, the more uneven wear you get on your tires. It's up to you to decide whether or not you're accepting that wear

·
Registered
801 Posts
[quote author=mehc link=topic=72366.msg1288756#msg1288756 date=1174778689]
It's not really that you need or not need, it's the more camber you have, the more uneven wear you get on your tires. It's up to you to decide whether or not you're accepting that wear
[/quote]

unless the wear gets ridiculous (like changing tires every season), i won't care. my problem will be if the angle is visible... ie, does it look like shit?

·
Registered
801 Posts
[quote author=mehc link=topic=72366.msg1289722#msg1289722 date=1174839888]
I had a 1.5" drop and I didn't like the look of the camber
[/quote]

ok... I guess i'll have to wait and see then... H-Techs are apparently .6 drops on the rear for the sedan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts