Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw these on ebay and have read some on them here in the forum.. but wanted to know, from those running them, how they are.
- Are you using stock struts, etc.
- Any problems? Good ride quality?
- would you recommended them?
Such a good price which is great.. such a good price which is scary :)

thanks everyone!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you thats the push I needed to turn away and run... I guess I will have to wait until someone pulls off their Mazdaspeed springs or another kind.... thanks for the help I appreciate the honesty

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
[quote author=gar187er link=topic=134483.msg2891872#msg2891872 date=1233009940]
buying springs on ebay is a no-no for any car enthusiast...if you do, we'll prob see you on the news for causing an accident when a spring breaks...
[/quote]

LOL

·
Registered
530 Posts
[quote author=PJ 3i07 link=topic=134483.msg2891930#msg2891930 date=1233011582]
[quote author=gar187er link=topic=134483.msg2891872#msg2891872 date=1233009940]
buying springs on ebay is a no-no for any car enthusiast...if you do, we'll prob see you on the news for causing an accident when a spring breaks...
[/quote]

LOL
[/quote]
I bought MS3 springs on ebay... :dur:

·
Registered
530 Posts
[quote author=gar187er link=topic=134483.msg2894264#msg2894264 date=1233093241]
buying from other ebayers is one thing....but srpings/parts with weird names are always cheap knockoffs....especially if the price is too good..
[/quote]

Some of the companies on this site sounded weird or unrecognizable to me when I first heard them. Some of the companies on ebay may be more established with other markets, such as Honda, but are relatively new to the Mazda market. The Hardrace side engine mount comes to mind as an example.

The company, rather than the marketplace, should be researched and judged on its own merit - which is what the op was attempting to do.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
[quote author=gar187er link=topic=134483.msg2894264#msg2894264 date=1233093241]
buying from other ebayers is one thing....but srpings/parts with weird names are always cheap knockoffs....especially if the price is too good..
[/quote]

now this i agree with. however your previous statement implied that buying off e-bay for a car enthusiast is a bad thing... thats why i laughed...

to the OP... just go for something thats recognized here on the forum. there is plenty to choose from.... is it really worth it paying half price for a surprise suspension component? i think not.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Too bad no one with Maxspeed springs has answered the call.  If I were the director of marketing and sales for that company, the first thing I'd do is raise the price to $160 since the current low price creates a perception of low quality.  I bet they'd sell the same number of springs because potential customers wouldn't be as wary if the selling price was closer to the norm.  Hey, maybe these springs aren't the greatest, I really don't know - but on the other hand, tempered steel coil manufacturing isn't rocket science.

Somewhat related story - I recently found a internet supplier of high-efficacy Philips bulb pairs that charged 50% of what almost every other retailer was charging.  This raised doubt - in fact, I was absolutely certain that the ad was incorrect (the price was for one bulb instead of two).  I practically wrote this place off, but decided to call them anyway to confirm that the price was for a pair, and not one.  Turned out that the price was correct and I ended up getting a great deal on these bulbs.

Careful is good, but follow up.  Don't necessarily talk yourself out of a good deal because of an arbitrary, general approach.  However I agree that if due diligence is not an option, it's safest to go with something that's recognizable and popular with most forum members.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ill agree with that Boomhauer.. I did try to contact them just to answer some questions. I do know, in the Jeep world for instance, that there are manufacturers that do lots of custom work for Jeeps. These companies also have their own suspension products for pennies on the dollar to the big name brands. Most the times these springs and shocks are actually made by large companies such as Rancho, Superlift, and the like. They allow these companies to use their products with their own name on them. Now they are usually their bottom of the line, but still good if not great quality.. just my :2cents: but like I said I haven't heard anything from them.

On a side note Boomhauer I see you are from Westminster, MD... I spent 2 summers up there working at River Valley Ranch... I kinda miss the area.. and thanks for the post!

·
Registered
530 Posts
[quote author=beyondink link=topic=134483.msg2900177#msg2900177 date=1233321832]
On a side note Boomhauer I see you are from Westminster, MD... I spent 2 summers up there working at River Valley Ranch... I kinda miss the area.. and thanks for the post!
[/quote]

We really like the town and the area, and it's especially beautiful up towards Manchester. RVR sounds like a little bit of heaven on earth. :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah but while I was there it was more like hell on earth... kids every week.. and I worked the Xtreme Camp doing skate boarding and Mtn Biking and mountain boarding. Live on the top of the mountain in a big canvas army spec tent all summer. Was one of the hottest dryest summers they had had... But still good times!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts