Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My speed3 arrives in April, and I;m going to be looking to you guys for an XEDE, I was wondering the progress of the wiring harness, and the wideband integration....

Please update us!

keep up the good work!!!
Thanks
Stan-O

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wideband integration will be done shortly. The PNP harness is in the works and we have major progress, however it is still unavailable. The major hurdles were finding the part, the part number, and verifing the correct one. We are currently waiting on cost and lead time info from the manufacturer. When dealing with companies over seas, sometimes communication back and forth is very, very slow. Sorry.....
That is the latest!
Stephanie

·
Registered
757 Posts
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=70759.msg1240062#msg1240062 date=1172715199]
Havent heard anything from them since they made a few sales
[/quote]

Very uncalled for.

·
Registered
75 Posts
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=70759.msg1240062#msg1240062 date=1172715199]
[/quote]
I am here to answer technical questions only. If they need answering, I will do so. Otherwise, I just observe what is going on.
Stephanie

·
Registered
757 Posts
[quote author=Boost Addict link=topic=70759.msg1241764#msg1241764 date=1172775644]
[/quote]

I think you poked a soft spot. :D
[/quote]
No, I do get upset though when I throw myself out there for 24/7 tech support and people say "They havent heard from the XEDE crew".

I get woken up at 4am from New York just to answer questions. I dont get paid for it to answer my phone but I do anyway. I drove halfway around my island to help some random guy get his car running (not even a customer of ours) and he didnt even offer to pay me for the gas.

I sacrifice alot for this community and I get nothing but crapped on.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate the reply Steph, please update us when the harness is complete, i'm sure there will be alot of orders following the completion of it.

Thanks again
Stan-O

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
[quote author=Nutari link=topic=70759.msg1241662#msg1241662 date=1172773233]
[/quote]

Very uncalled for.

[/quote]

I just addressed to what i have seen

I did not say " HEY GUYS NUTARI DOESNT GIVE A SH#T" your just a rep anyway

I simply stated that i havent heard anything since they sold those few awhile back, which is true because i have been here to and read just about everything .....

Please prove me wrong with links where people are talking about it or development processes because i cannot find them? In the Lounge?

You guys still working on PnP? That was the last question i asked and it hasnt been answered for over a month.

I was just being honest... not a dic...

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have the XEDE and I email Nutari/Steve about updated maps from time to time.... But I'm still waiting on my CAI, BOV, and Turboback to come in. I JUST got in my ETS TMIC on Monday. Can't really tune a car if there's no mods to tune it for.... So there's not much to discuss. At least that's my thoughts on it. My guess is people are still waiting for PnP. Which I can understand for some people. But anyways, once all my stuff comes in... I'll starting playing with the XEDE more and post up any finds or info or questions for Steph and Nutari... L8Rz :D

·
Registered
439 Posts
Oh, I do have a question now. Lets say Mazda has an update for the ECU. So they decide to reflash it. Maybe lean it out some. How would this affect the base map? I have yet to really look at the separate maps. So I'm just curious if you would develop a new base map for something like this.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
The base map is what the ECU learns
You have a interceptor system on there right now so that is what it is
So if you take off the interceptor and bring it in for a reflash and then put the Xede back on it wont be any different because you are still running the stored map

·
Registered
439 Posts
Main thing I was thinking about was fuel trims. If Mazda leaned out the map for the ECU... and in conjuction with the XEDE leaning things out.. would I go too lean? I think some of the maps in the XEDE are uhh.. not absolute. Absolute meaning the map is what the car will do. I think some of the maps are % +/- to factory map. Like the boost is in absolute. But the MAP and MAF are in +/- 25%. And timing is +/- 10deg. If Mazda changed some of the values... I'm just curious what effect that would have on the XEDE?

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
I think the XEDE just works as it sends its own information and overrides what the ECU says

Correct me if i am wrong XEDE team?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Jimmymac is correct. If they mess with fuel tables in a re-flash, we will need to re-tune the base map.

The Xede takes the incoming signal from the sensors, modifies it, then sends it to the ECU. The ECU never sees what the original signal was.
Stephanie

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thankyou for clearing that up Stephanie. I'll hold off on getting a reflash for now. I'll call the dealer sometime next week and ask about it. Maybe even some info on the reflash or specific updates (if they would even know or give up that info).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts