Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

· Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, im looking to paint my calipers. I was wondering if anyone in the chicagoland area was interest in doing the same thing. Maybe we can make a little meet out of this or something. I have no equipment to do the procedure so if anyone out there is willing to help out let me know. Ill buy the paint.

· Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=Mz3 de Best link=topic=141486.msg3050232#msg3050232 date=1239333423]
what part of chicago???i live in tinley thats like the southwest suburbs of chicago..i already have calipers painted but i want to paint mine blue...and add the mazda3 decals.
[/quote]

I live in Lincoln Park. Let me know if you wanna get together. Ive never done this before so help from a veteran would be awesome.

· Registered
2,272 Posts
have to clean your calipers good and then apply the paint....i like the brush on kits like the g2 or duplicolor. much better quality than the spray can stuff..ill be doing mine when it gets warmer so up to u what you want to do!i dont mind

· Registered
6,649 Posts
whats up chi-town pplz :) hahah
yea i did my calipers last year... but they took a beating in the winter time.. gotta redo them.. plus ill be ordering my new brakes soon (rotors/pads/ss lines) let me know whats going on ....
also if u need angel eye install let me know aswell :) ill be more then happy to help
i live in Des Plaines... but usually in "belmont&cumberland" area

· Registered
2,272 Posts
[quote author=lucaspl88 link=topic=141486.msg3051058#msg3051058 date=1239380072]
whats up chi-town pplz :) hahah
yea i did my calipers last year... but they took a beating in the winter time.. gotta redo them.. plus ill be ordering my new brakes soon (rotors/pads/ss lines) let me know whats going on ....
also if u need angel eye install let me know aswell :) ill be more then happy to help
i live in Des Plaines... but usually in "belmont&cumberland" area
[/quote]

Hey lucas my springs are in my house....i might attempt to do them...if i need help ill be looking for you..haha...also i got my openmouth grill coming and some eyelids.cant wait. Hey lucas what caliper paint do you prefer???just curious?

· Registered
6,649 Posts
i used the duplicolor from autozone :) i had some brake cleaner and metal brush to clean them nicely..
let me know if u need help with springs :)
u still got my number right ?

· Registered
6,649 Posts
ok sounds good.. let me know.... as long as its either tuesday, sat night or sunday whenever.. im up for it :)

· Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it would be good to do it when it gets warmer. so once it starts getting nice out ill pm you guys or something. Do you have enough jack stands to do my car also? Also, about how long does it take?

· Registered
2,272 Posts
ill only be available during the weekends because of work and school :(...i only have 2 jackstands but i dont mind doing 2 at a time.they dry preety quick.What colors are you guys thinking of????i have red now but i plan on doing blue.

· Registered
6,649 Posts
just to do the calipers ? a couple of hours.... remember... gotta let it dry you know :)
i have 2 jackstands at home.. and could get like 2 more without a problem :)

its gonna be around 50-60's next week :) i still gotta install my horns/re seal my headlights from halo's
[quote author=Mz3 de Best link=topic=141486.msg3051329#msg3051329 date=1239389003]
ill only be available during the weekends because of work and school :(...i only have 2 jackstands but i dont mind doing 2 at a time.they dry preety quick.What colors are you guys thinking of????i have red now but i plan on doing blue.
[/quote]
i have red... :)

· Registered
6,649 Posts
hmm.. dont know.. up 2 u :)... i like the look of red. but everyone and their mom has one :)

· Registered
2,272 Posts
[quote author=docss26 link=topic=141486.msg3051349#msg3051349 date=1239389445]
ahhh i cant decide. i guess i have a week or so to decide. depending if we pick a date to do this. Also what exactly should I buy for this project? I dont wanna come over with nothing =/
[/quote]

i say you should do gold or pink...haha serious. ive seen pink calipers on a black car and it looked nice. well you have to bring your car, thats for sure.

· Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote author=Mz3 de Best link=topic=141486.msg3051353#msg3051353 date=1239389554]
[quote author=docss26 link=topic=141486.msg3051349#msg3051349 date=1239389445]
ahhh i cant decide. i guess i have a week or so to decide. depending if we pick a date to do this. Also what exactly should I buy for this project? I dont wanna come over with nothing =/
[/quote]

i say you should do gold or pink...haha serious. ive seen pink calipers on a black car and it looked nice. well you have to bring your car, thats for sure.
[/quote]

hahahah pink doesnt work for me.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.