Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i purchased the g2 caliper paint kit

and as most kits it will probably say remove alll four wheels, let dry for 2 hours then put wheels back on with 15 mins between coats.

however, i dont have ANY!! jack stands, and all i have is the stock jack.

is it possible to just mix HALF of the paint, or a QUARTER of the paint, so i can do like one wheel, at a time, so i paint on wheel, wait the 2 hours, put the wheel back on, paint the other wheel, wait 2 hours, etc etc

i know itl take me FOREVER to do it, reason i ask, is cause i HAVE NO DRIVEWAY!!!

so even if i DID buy jack stands id have NO where to do it at, and there is no way in hell that im going to do it in the streeet

anyone have any expierence with ANY caliper paint where you have to mix the paint with a reactant, then it hardens so you have to mix ALL or none, or etc?

· Registered
5,580 Posts
When I did mine I was outside of the city and with just the stock jack. So you do what I did. :

1- remove wheel
2- Clean caliper
3- 1st coat of paint.
4- Wait 15 minutes
5- 2nd coat of paint. (repeat step 4-5 if you need a 3rd coat)
6- Reinstall the wheel
7- Put down the car and go do another wheel.

Works like a charm....

· Registered
187 Posts
I did like M3-GT said, but I went with only one coat on each brake. Immediately when one brake was done I was putting wheel back carefully. 30 min after I had done all my wheels I had to leave for emergency, I checked if that was dry, and it was dry.. so I used my car for like 1 hour after and I didnt have problem with that. But I didnt use that paint kit, I used Tremclad Anti-rush paint.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
see the thing with the paint kit i have to mix it with a reactant to get it to hold its like mabe 3-4 oz of liquid, if that, with the whole thing of paint, i was wondering if i measured about half and half of each in a seperate container, (as it takes 4-6 hours before it hardenes....to try and do one wheel 15 mins another coat another coat etc etc (about 1 hour) then another wheel and do as much as i can that way...

lol i just talked myself into how to do it =)!! hehe thanks guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.