Mazda3 Forums banner

Which color for calipers on Black Mica MS3?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically, I am thinking along these lines. Some cars look rather nice with colored calipers, and I think the MS3 would as well(I think Nutari has blue ones). Mine is Black Mica. I plan on keeping everything either silver (or polished in the case of some pieces), and everything else I want either red or black. Based on the exterior paint of course and the fact that the speed emblems and stitching in the car are red. What do you guys think. Wouldn't be doing it anytime soon. Would need a day or to to do it properly I figure with dry time and all(maybe clear coat as well). Not to mention after it cures I would probably lightly wax em in order to help make cleaning easier. So lets hear the opinions, feel free to let me know the reasoning behind your votes. As votes might not be enough to help me decide. :?  Thanks.  :boink:

My bad accidently reset poll. Sorry.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have thought of this as well and agree red would be best (black mica here also). Although they are way down the list after the hp gains

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Picked up a duplicolor red paint caliper paint kit about two months ago.......I won't have my car for another two weeks probably haha. It's sitting on my shelf.

I have to get some kind of clear coat as well. Anyone have suggestions? I think duplicolor has an engine clear coat, how is that?

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
Yellow, Red, Blue, Green, etc...

They all look like cheap aftermarket colors you applied yourself. There are a plethora of civics and integras and other rice rockets with senselessly painted calipers.

The only handsome looking calipers in my opinion come in Gloss Black or Gold (Brembo Gold specifically)

I have a thing for Gold calipers on a Black car. However, since these calipers are NOT brembos, I personally have a thing against 'faking the funk'... So therefore, I would suggest a Simple Gloss Black, which would only catch the attention of those LOOKING for it. Its clean. Its a very high-end race look. And it doesnt steal any attention from your wheels. Expect bright colors to really stand out and take away from the car.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Gloss black or anthracite. If you paint them. The cool red calipers are played out. The only red calipers I'm going to have are from the brembo gt brakes I'll hopefully pick up soon.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
G2 caliper paint in black is sexxah. comes out high gloss black and since its a 2 part enamel, its virtually bulletproof.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
I voted black, and here is why: Like aforementioned from others, our calipers are nothing special. While they do have great OEM performance, we don't need to draw attention to them and make them look like something they are not. Therefore, since you have a black mica color, I'd stick to a black caliper and not draw attention to something that isn't almighty. Throw some mazda emblems on them (the little stickers you can get) and it will look OEM and clean. That's my opinion. :D

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the opinions guys! Yeah I am leaning towards the black myself. Just wanted to get a feel for everyone else's thoughts. Kinda thought the red might be a bit much, although defiantely eye catching. Suprised that after 70some odd views there are only 16 votes.  :? Oh well, thanks again for the opinions.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:shock: How do you get 138 views and only 27 votes? Really, with as opinionated as everyone can be on a forum? That is strange, and very surprising. Thought for sure there would be flaming and arguing and jihad and....

·
Registered
808 Posts
I voted stock, but if you HAVE to do it, then I'd say red if you have aftermarket red or gunmetal wheels, and black if you're rolling on stockers.

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
[quote author=proclam link=topic=70301.msg1232898#msg1232898 date=1172496178]
:shock: How do you get 138 views and only 27 votes? Really, with as opinionated as everyone can be on a forum? That is strange, and very surprising. Thought for sure there would be flaming and arguing and jihad and....
[/quote]

I only voted once, but I checked back here 111 times to see if anyone responded with more opinions.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'd say alu-coloured is what I like the most

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[quote author=Boost Addict link=topic=70301.msg1234076#msg1234076 date=1172521298]
[quote author=proclam link=topic=70301.msg1232898#msg1232898 date=1172496178]
[/quote]

I only voted once, but I checked back here 111 times to see if anyone responded with more opinions.
[/quote]
:lmao:

·
Registered
282 Posts
stay true lol stay team black.

im in the same boat - but its one of the last mods to do on my list. maybe one day if im bored ill go and do them but i'd rather save that big of money for the extra hp product

·
Registered
601 Posts
i can somewhat agree with some of these points of view, but personally if i'm going to paint my brakes (and i plan to), 9 times out of 10 i will pick a color that contrasts nicely, and i think on a black car that would be the gold that would look like a brembo ripoff, or red if you feel like calling a little more attention to them. for some reason i've always been of the opinion that wheels and stuff going on in them should be a different color than the body.
just a little food for thought ... my old kia (yeah, laughs, i know) with yellow calipers. i love the way it looked.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2844271

good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would recommend doing something different..like the project mu brakes teal/blueishgreenish color...very nice, with some mazda or axela sticker on it...or if your really picky..paint the brakes the color of your sticker you want..and then paint the brakes with the stickers on to make a stencil, maybe looks cleaner that way.

but my vote was Other: project mu teal, or gold, or orange, or metal blue.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i also think Red is too common and played out.

Black is cool for a "stealth" look if you are going for that

My pick would be silver. I know the stock color is practically silver but if you are looking to paint them that's what i'd do on a black car

oh and whatever color you pick...use G2 for the paint. you wont be disappointed

1 - 20 of 20 Posts