Mazda3 Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hahaha okay. I didn't know if the phenolic stuff was the best material to be used for that. Ya, I saw the dyno comparison. Finally nice to see a comparison done. How thick, do you want that spacer to be. Like what it be more beneficial to go to an inch thick. I found some phenolic material, let me know if it's the same stuff. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/075-Phenolic...aultDomain_0&hash=item2ec2401147#ht_728wt_676

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Biggest problem is space; right now I can fit my thumb between the manifold and the core support. And mind you I have small hands.
Going any thicker than half inch just probably won't fit. I already need to adjust how my intake is sitting because its rubbing a lot more all over the core support and fuse box.

Also be aware you'll have to get new bolts to run into the block as the stock ones may be a bit on the short side.

As far as updates goes everything seems fine! Got one DTC yesterday as normal from header p0139, but nothing about the engine running lean or what have you!

Definitely feels a bit more torquey, so certainly interested in what a dyno run will show. I'm actually surprised how much different it feels. It isn't necessarily more powerful feeling and haven't really ripped it up top.. But that's just noise and not really pull, but all throughout the band it certainly feels .. Enough to be noticeable increase in torque which is awesome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hahaha okay. I didn't know if the phenolic stuff was the best material to be used for that. Ya, I saw the dyno comparison. Finally nice to see a comparison done. How thick, do you want that spacer to be. Like what it be more beneficial to go to an inch thick. I found some phenolic material, let me know if it's the same stuff. 075 Phenolic Sheeting Black Paper XX 1 2 x 24 x 24 | eBay
Really looking for info where to find an intake spacer...06 3 2.3

21 - 23 of 23 Posts