Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
856 Posts
I have to agree, the CP-E instructions seem to leave out half of the info you really need to install the intake and they do things in a weird order. The filter should be installed onto the intake BEFORE putting it in the car as it is much more difficult to install it once the pipe is in the car.

Did you have any issues with the PCV line being in the way of the side piece of the intercooler cover?

I can definitely hear the whistle of the TC and the woosh of the stock BOV. For those looking for these sounds, they are only a CAI away. There is no need for an aftermarket BOV.

· Registered
856 Posts
[quote author=diablospeed link=topic=72913.msg1289915#msg1289915 date=1174848512]
i was one of the first people to have the CPe and install it. It was VERY straightforward other than the filter installation. i have 2K on it and there are no hoses rubbing, and nothing rattling.

it is a great piece of machinery.
[/quote]

I never said it was hard, but the instructions are definitely not as good as they could be.

How sure are you that the PCV hose is not pressing on the underside of the intercooler cover? Mine does not make any noises, but it is definitely pressing on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.