Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a idea when a CAI might be released? I am so ready for one!! also do you think they will make A quiet free flowing exhaust for the 3 I dont want my car to sound like a darn civic
RonH

·
Registered
100 Posts
your car wont sound like a civic. I put an HKS exhaust on mine and it is very quiet just noticable. the thing is, the engine on the 3 is already quiet. I work at a Honda Dealership and hondas are loud even with the stock muffler. you can hear the engine a lot from the inside. so putting an aftermarket muffler on a civic is amplifying the sound even louder. Trust me. the 3 with an exhaust sounds really smooth. I love it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Some information on Cold Air Intakes for ya fella's.

The gain's show at the bottom for the 6i's will most likely be similar for the 3s's.

http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewtopic.php?t=25

Of course the intakes pictured aren't yet available for the 3, but that doesn't stop the information from being useful.

Do note that because the 6i and 6s are sensitive to airflow changes, it is very likely the 3s will experience the same nagging P0171 Cel problem seen on many of the 6's.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Erv187 said:
your car wont sound like a civic. I put an HKS exhaust on mine and it is very quiet just noticable. the thing is, the engine on the 3 is already quiet. I work at a Honda Dealership and hondas are loud even with the stock muffler. you can hear the engine a lot from the inside. so putting an aftermarket muffler on a civic is amplifying the sound even louder. Trust me. the 3 with an exhaust sounds really smooth. I love it.

pictures please.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Erv187 said:
does the car feel any different now, that you put in the exhaust?
what i mean is, can you feel any gains?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts