Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put my fujita intake in my 2005 mazda 3 23sp and the car is having troubles staying idled and in 4th gear going about 45 mph, when i step on the gas in struggles to get going. ooo and also i had a CEL but i reset the ECU and it has been running for about 10 miles with it off know. sooo does anyone know what is going on?????

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mean this is the second time i have put it in, because the first time the problems started like this and then they got worst. To the point where my car would die waiting at a stop light and when the car did idle the rpms would bounce from around 750 to 1500. So i dont know whats going on ha ha ha yes i know im a noob but if some one knows whats going on or had the same problems, help would be great..... thanks

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
double check that the hose clamps are tight and you're not getting a leak.

did you connect the breather hose?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How long have you had yours in for????? and what model do you have (car)??? and i just dont understand how most mazda 3s the CAI work fine and some dont...... :?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The clamps are extremly tight so i dont think thats the problem and ha ha yea im not that much of a noob. I put the breather hose on.

·
Registered
37 Posts
yeah same here i have everything done. Even when istalled i reseted the ECu and never have had a CEL so im not sure what to do,.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
[quote author=darre146 link=topic=70647.msg1237458#msg1237458 date=1172621509]
The clamps are extremly tight so i dont think thats the problem and ha ha yea im not that much of a noob. I put the breather hose on.
[/quote]

didn't mean it that way... ;)

it may be the MAF sensor itself...it's very fragile. When you swapped it over...did it drop or get bang'd around? You didn't tighten the 2 screws holding it on too tight did ya? Also, is it fully seated on the pipe? with no air leaks?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well for me the MAF sensor is fine at least i think the screws are in nice and there dont appear to be any leak holes. I baught a BOMZ intake from ebay about 5 months ago and it was giving me this same problem so i thought it was the intake so i went and baught the simota intake and i still get this problem

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hahah no its cool man i was joking. but no i was very care with the MAF and i put the screws on tight but not too tight..... so yea.... and the MAF sensor works with the stock air box so i pretty sure its working fine.. so i dont know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts