Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions about getting a CAI and Exhaust. I have a 2008 Mazda3, which this Spring, I would like to get a CAI and Exhaust systems. To stay under my warranty for my car....I will most likely be going through a Mazda Dealership (probably cost more, but want to keep everything under warranty).

Cold Air Intake Questions

1.) With the CAI from the dealership does anyone know the exact location of the filter?
2.) I live in Wisconsin, somewhat heavy rains and a ton of snow, is there the possibility of hydrolock? (from reading other posts, I am getting mixed answers)
3.) I also saw these bag type pre filters that are water repellent/resistant, are these worth it ($30)?

Exhaust Questions

1.) With the exhaust system from the dealership does anyone know how these sound. I YouTube.com-ed them and the sound quality is not that great on the ones that I have found. I do not want something that is too loud.

Thank you.

Josh

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
they only way to stay under warranty would be to do mazdaspeed accessories...
mazdaspeed accessory CAI
mazdaspeed accessory CBE (cat back exhaust).... not a good quality product...

those items are the only thing u can do to stay under warranty, and if im not mistaken, you would need a dealer to install it

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
^^Yep.

If you want Mazda to do it, your options are what they are and that's all you have. Doesn't matter where the filter is or what the exhaust sounds like as it's your only option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts