Mazda3 Forums banner

241 - 247 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ended up with blue? I thought you were getting a white one. I usually park next to a blue STI at work and they look like really nice rides.

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #243 (Edited)
Ended up with blue? I thought you were getting a white one. I usually park next to a blue STI at work and they look like really nice rides.
Yeah, the white one fell through because the asshat was selling the car to 3 different people at the same time. I showed up at the dealership as agreed for the transfer and he pulled a no-show and said he sold it to someone else. Was very pissed.

I prefer an actual color to white anyway, so that's good, I'm just missing the extra sport-tech features (which I'm sure I can live without!)

Day 1:
Pros over the MS3
- I can plug a USB stick with music in... no more having to worry about my mp3 player battery!
- The doors sound very nice when closing
- The gorgeous MILF next door came over to tell me how much she loved my new car.... in english. I didn't even know she spoke english, or knew I spoke english.

Cons:
- So many rattles. Need to sort that out lol.
- Very limited storage space. I can no longer fit a baby in my glovebox :(
- Some obviously poor interior design choices, that I will have to learn to live with or find a way to fix.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a nearly fully loaded 2013 that has a lot of tech features that was my DD before I got my 3. It turns out that I use bluetooth for almost everything these days. Added bluetooth to the 3 and I don't miss most of the other tech features. I do like heated seats and auto climate control and things like a backup camera are more useful on newer cars since visibility keeps getting worse.

Solid feeling doors are very reassuring. Glad that a lot of manufacturers are finally putting them on smaller cars. I don't want to drive a land yacht, but still want something that feels solid and well built. Rattles are annoying. Surprised Subaru didn't do better. The ones that I looked at before buying my Escape seemed very well built.

Funny story about auto play of music via USB on newer cars. I initially used my Escape's USB ports to charge my phone when I got it. I don't keep music on my phone (use Pandora or Amazon Music streaming). The car saw the phone as a media player and scanned it for MP3s. What it found was the cached audio from Google Maps. So I'd plug the phone in and a few seconds later the car would start giving me rapid fire nonsense directions: "Turn right! Turn right! In 600 feet. In 300 feet. Make a U turn! Turn left! Take the entrance. In a quarter mile. In two miles. Merge left! Merge right! Make a legal U turn! Merge right!" I switched to using a standard car charger instead of the USB port within a few weeks.

Gotta love how people suddenly speak your language when they want something from you!

·
Registered
153 Posts
How is the ride quality when compared to your speed3? When I test a Subaru, I felt like their suspension was so stiff that while cornering was enjoyable, the overall cushion of the ride was sacrificed.

Interesting on how the nose of the car seems to reflect similar styling to Evo's or the newer gen 3 mazda 3s. Either way, looks sick!

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
I have a nearly fully loaded 2013 that has a lot of tech features that was my DD before I got my 3. It turns out that I use bluetooth for almost everything these days. Added bluetooth to the 3 and I don't miss most of the other tech features. I do like heated seats and auto climate control and things like a backup camera are more useful on newer cars since visibility keeps getting worse.

Solid feeling doors are very reassuring. Glad that a lot of manufacturers are finally putting them on smaller cars. I don't want to drive a land yacht, but still want something that feels solid and well built. Rattles are annoying. Surprised Subaru didn't do better. The ones that I looked at before buying my Escape seemed very well built.

Funny story about auto play of music via USB on newer cars. I initially used my Escape's USB ports to charge my phone when I got it. I don't keep music on my phone (use Pandora or Amazon Music streaming). The car saw the phone as a media player and scanned it for MP3s. What it found was the cached audio from Google Maps. So I'd plug the phone in and a few seconds later the car would start giving me rapid fire nonsense directions: "Turn right! Turn right! In 600 feet. In 300 feet. Make a U turn! Turn left! Take the entrance. In a quarter mile. In two miles. Merge left! Merge right! Make a legal U turn! Merge right!" I switched to using a standard car charger instead of the USB port within a few weeks.

Gotta love how people suddenly speak your language when they want something from you!
Lol that's pretty funny!

Pros that I forgot to mention:
- Heated seats (like you mentioned)
- Hill assist! Not that I really need it, but hey, nice to have
- No-name Stock speakers are better than my speed3 with Bose

Cons:
- No lumbar support

How is the ride quality when compared to your speed3? When I test a Subaru, I felt like their suspension was so stiff that while cornering was enjoyable, the overall cushion of the ride was sacrificed.

Interesting on how the nose of the car seems to reflect similar styling to Evo's or the newer gen 3 mazda 3s. Either way, looks sick!
My speed3 was on aftermarket suspension (Yellows/Prokit), but I would say that the WRX is slightly stiffer for low amplitude (normal driving) and thus less comfortable but is softer for high amplitude (i.e. hitting a pothole) and now I don't cringe when hitting one.
Probably just related to the amount of suspension travel available though, overall it is similar.

And yeah, definitely a lot of similarities with the Evo, but I don't mind that, it looks pretty good. I think the previous gen was slightly better (and more unique) looking, but the interior was just so bad. I wish they had fixed the interior and left the body styling the same haha

·
Registered
174 Posts
Lol that's pretty funny!

Pros that I forgot to mention:
- Heated seats (like you mentioned)
- Hill assist! Not that I really need it, but hey, nice to have
- No-name Stock speakers are better than my speed3 with Bose

Cons:
- No lumbar support
Glad to see Suby fixed the speakers. The cars I was testing in 2013 all sounded terrible with or without the premium sound.

I liked the hill assist, but since I haven't had a Subaru since 2001, I'm not used to having it anymore. There's one intersection near me that still makes me nervous sometimes given how steep it is.

241 - 247 of 247 Posts