Mazda3 Forums banner

201 - 220 of 247 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Yeah something like that... but its all very dynamic still. Might still have 2 weeks here before heading back.

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
I think the main advantage is he gets to avoid taxes
Hah well it makes doing taxes super confusing, so there is that.

Well that's an international assignment .... If they send u it should be all expenses paid + decent hotel + weekend allowance + flights + car if it's going on for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get per diem for food, hotel + flights and car. No weekend allowance, although that sounds nice.

The crappy part is I'm still paid in CAD so it really discourages me from doing anything expensive/fun while I'm there due to the crap exchange rate.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Eh, if you think about it this way at least you'd get to travel every once in a while which should give you a change of mood and space.

Glad you're still gonna be sticking around Montreal for a bit even though you don't like it here hahaha. :p

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
I moved up to Blainville, and I like it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. I have been here for two weeks of spring/summer, and I have already had more fun and done more things in the last two weeks than I did in like 2 months last year. Life is good!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Oh that's nice! Glad to hear that you having fun. That's like what, an hour away from Montreal? Bet the streets are smooth there too...

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Oh that's nice! Glad to hear that you having fun. That's like what, an hour away from Montreal? Bet the streets are smooth there too...
Yeah, in my area. That was actually on of the main criteria haha.
It's only about a 20min drive to the island w/o traffic

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
So I've been having to park on the street lately when I visit my gf in mtl... and last night some jealous fuckhead cunt keyed my door. The day before I was going to post it FS. Goddamn it people who key cars should fucking rot in hell.

-edit-
Thank you M3F for not filtering my true sentiment.

·
Registered
256 Posts
My car got keyed in very similar circumstances. Tried to fix it myself and made it worse. That was 5 years ago and it still bothers me to this day, but luckily it is on the passenger side. So yeah, it sucks. Hope you can take care of it.

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
My car got keyed in very similar circumstances. Tried to fix it myself and made it worse. That was 5 years ago and it still bothers me to this day, but luckily it is on the passenger side. So yeah, it sucks. Hope you can take care of it.
Yeah, mine is on the pax side too, so that's good I guess.
Anyway I didn't have much time cus I had to work today, but between a lot of buffing and some touchup paint it isn't as visible as it used to be. A few more touchup attempts will hopefully get it to the point where you only see it if you actually are looking for it. Fingers crossed.

But still a royal pissoff. ARG.

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #213 (Edited)
So what's the lucky replacement car? Wrx?

Sent from the shadows
Yeah. Still haven't been able to drive one yet though because dealerships don't allow testdrives in Kansas, and they don't have any to testdrive here! All sold out.

-edit-
But still no saying when this is going to happen, if at all. All sorts of things could come up and change my mind.

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Sooooooo I just ordered a Rally Blue 2016 WRX. Hope it was the right move.
Going to be putting some effort into selling my car now I guess :(

·
Registered
174 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! Hopefully you won't abandon us here since you still know so much about our rides.

Still feels weird to me that Subaru only has the WRX in a sedan right now. There's a 2016 that parks near me at work and I still can't get over that they're offering it wit a CVT now either. But regardless, I think Subarus drive great although the one I had didn't last as long as I would have hoped but it was stripped (FWD on a Subaru! Didn't come with a radio). Engine was great though - incredibly responsive and powerful for its time.

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
Congrats on the new ride! Hopefully you won't abandon us here since you still know so much about our rides.

Still feels weird to me that Subaru only has the WRX in a sedan right now. There's a 2016 that parks near me at work and I still can't get over that they're offering it wit a CVT now either. But regardless, I think Subarus drive great although the one I had didn't last as long as I would have hoped but it was stripped (FWD on a Subaru! Didn't come with a radio). Engine was great though - incredibly responsive and powerful for its time.
Thanks! I'll probably be sticking around like some of the other guys and help out from time to time. I'm also still not 100% committed to finalizing the deal. The car/acceptance decision will be mid february. Things could chance, who knows!
For example, if Mazda hints at the next speed3 in that timeframe (unlikely but still) I will definitely keep my car and wait it out.

Regarding the WRX sedan, according to the dealer i spoke to, 70% of the ones sold in previous years were sedans so Subaru made the choice to cut costs. It makes sense honestly but I personally would have much rather gotten a hatch.

You'd also be shocked to know the the CVT versions are selling like hotcakes. Lots of people want to drive a sporty car without having to know how to drive. Guess it also keeps the wives happy =/

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Installed Rally Armors on my mom's red 3GT while I was home over christmas.... You can clearly see we're related ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
Sooo my beloved speed3 has a buyer!

And I just committed to buying a fully loaded 2015 WRX.... I wanted blue, but the blue ones all sold within days of coming for sale. So I settled on white, because I was getting a hell of a deal.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Congrats - sorry to see you out of the Mazda family, but the current WRX is NICE!

201 - 220 of 247 Posts