Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bumpy roads suck... look what they did to my fog light! it popped out of the socket, and them proceeded to melt a quarter sized hole in my bumper!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no idea. just noticed it today when i went to the post office, left my car running with lights on, came out and saw the light under the car, was like WTF IS THIS SHIT!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just some hid match halogen fog bulbs.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
My fog bulbs barely fit in the sockets, i have always worried about something like this happening. It really doesn't make sense, the little tabs line up but when you push in and spin it doesn't form a solid connection like all the other bulbs with similar connectors do. That sucks :(

·
Registered
382 Posts
Im currently running Hoen Xenonmatch bulbs and they feel snug in the socket. I dont think a bumpy road could nock them loose

I just ordered HID fogs last night anyway :)

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
I have those exact same bulbs... was I the one who recommended them to you actually? Haha. I think mine don't fit because the little metal diffuser in the housing isn't perfectly aligned and the bulb gets stopped by it, i've just been too lazy/busy to take them off the car and fix them.

·
Registered
382 Posts
[quote author=cali_axela link=topic=135451.msg2916229#msg2916229 date=1233891088]
I have those exact same bulbs... was I the one who recommended them to you actually? Haha. I think mine don't fit because the little metal diffuser in the housing isn't perfectly aligned and the bulb gets stopped by it, i've just been too lazy/busy to take them off the car and fix them.
[/quote]

Haha most likely :lol:

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no idea what's wrong with them, too cold to worry about it right now, i just shoved it up in the bumper and turned my fogs off... the drivers side is fine so idk why it fell out...

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Compare the positioning of the little metal diffuser dishes in both fog housings. Is the one on the driver's side offset from the bulb a little? This thread motivated me to take a closer look at mine and that was totally the problem

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no clue, cant see them, it's freezing so i'm not about to take my bumper off and fix it :lol:

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Don't need to take the bumper off. Just remove the underbody cover and jack it up a little, you'll be able to take the foglight housings completely off the car in about 10 minutes tops. Just 2 more screws each.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
maybe you should put the bulbs in properly?

mine are a beeeeyotch to remove.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i've never taken them out... i think the housing was loose like cali said. the driver side one was tight.

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
you took them out when you put the hid match ones in...

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
they were on the car when i bought it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts