Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Washing the car today I noticed the (red) painted area to the left of the exhaust tip was stained black. A good 3-4". Washing didn't remove it but Meguiar's paint cleaner did. Never there when stock, had the MS CAI and race pipe on for about one tankful for the CAI and 2 with the pipe.

Anyone else with or without mods have anything similar? No big issue but I would've thought I'd see less build up, not more. Could it be due to the removal of the second cat? More unburned fuel? A result of the 5th gear WOT runs on the highway today playing with a new Acura TL???

Thoughts?

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
my ass gets dirty also, even at stock form....

maybe not what your getting... it usually washes right off unless i let it sit for a long time

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
[quote author=redSpeed3 link=topic=71654.msg1260702#msg1260702 date=1173586507]
Washing the car today I noticed the (red) painted area to the left of the exhaust tip was stained black. A good 3-4". Washing didn't remove it but Meguiar's paint cleaner did. Never there when stock, had the MS CAI and race pipe on for about one tankful for the CAI and 2 with the pipe.

Anyone else with or without mods have anything similar? No big issue but I would've thought I'd see less build up, not more. Could it be due to the removal of the second cat? More unburned fuel? A result of the 5th gear WOT runs on the highway today playing with a new Acura TL???

Thoughts?
[/quote]

So... How did the TL fair?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When traffic finally allowed...he headed for the looong exit with me behind and nailed it. I reeled him in in 5th (monster gear!) and got to glance over for eye contact for a sec before he took the north exit and I went south. What was that little red hatchback?

Most gratifying. 8)

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=71654.msg1260729#msg1260729 date=1173587439]
my ass gets dirty also[/quote]

sounds like a personal problem :chuckles:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
exhaust stain is caused by the somewhat rich flow of exhaust on this car. clean with a wax cleaner and then you better Meguire that entire car of I'll come and beat the crap out of you!

JK.. but it is normal. Get some aluminum polish for the inside of the tip and you will notice it is much easier to clean afterwords. Any porous surface will suck in that nice black tint if left untreated.

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
I had the same thing stock, nothing now that I'm running CP-E full turboback.

And wow, thread necroism?

·
Registered
462 Posts
[quote author=smokinAMD link=topic=71654.msg2737458#msg2737458 date=1226424002]
I had the same thing stock, nothing now that I'm running CP-E full turboback.

And wow, thread necroism?
[/quote]

Always cracks me up when people comment for others to search, and then people comment when folks dig out old threads too!

Anyhow, yes my ba-donka-donk also is stain-prone... Zaino cleaner takes it right off and the polish makes it easier to clean the next time. If my exhaust tip is stained inside and out, what's the best way to get it looking new again? Any products recommended?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts