Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking about this on the 3 a couple days ago since i hang out with some 350z dudes and they all have this (it seems to be very popular trend with the 350z crowd and functional). i wondered if it would look good or terrible on the 3 but couldnt see it on there since theres already a upper and lower grill, but as i was looking through an attempted GB on some re ameyiama (or however its spelled) i came across this picture with what seems to be the exact way i was imagining it.

imo it looks very good and its fully functional for the ones with cai

what do you guys think?

· Registered
10,689 Posts
Yeah I don't see the point of a fat hole in the bumper on our car. What you could do is replace the battery duct with a different duct which routes air onto your CAI filter instead of into the battery box, then just cut a hole on the top of the battery box to let hot air vent (like on the speed3 box)

· Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=cali_axela link=topic=143011.msg3081574#msg3081574 date=1240590199]
Yeah I don't see the point of a fat hole in the bumper on our car. What you could do is replace the battery duct with a different duct which routes air onto your CAI filter instead of into the battery box, then just cut a hole on the top of the battery box to let hot air vent (like on the speed3 box)
[/quote]you mean like this

· Registered
233 Posts
^ that's pretty sick!^
i've wanted sometin similar for my sri but i haven't seen any solutions that look that well

what material did u make it out of?
How difficult/ expensive was it?

my only concern with ur set up is, now that u've re-directed the air flow, u now only hav 1/2 the amount of air going to ur top mount intercooler than before, correct???

· Registered
605 Posts
^^ that SRI is from autoexe

just go get some metal flashing and make a one ez

edit:

with concerns with air flow and such, is the air directed from the hood and sealed around the TMIC?
i dont have a speed3 but from what i can tell the only difference would be less flow around the engine bay as more of the air moving in to the front of the car is directed. even if it did hinder flow to the TMIC i doubt it is enough to effect it.

· Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=evil-98 link=topic=143011.msg3081619#msg3081619 date=1240591664]
^^ that SRI is from autoexe

just go get some metal flashing and make a one ez
[/quote]yep autoexe
or you can get the air dam from the mazdaspeed and customize it to your 3
or like cali said
use the air dam that goes to your batt. box and custom that into the your sri

· Registered
233 Posts
k cool. tnx

but i still feel like its jus redirecting the same amount of air that was already going under the hood.
like the hole/ vent in the bumper or a vented hood would actually bring in additional amounts of air under the hood which is y i'd rather have that than jus do a mod to redirect air.

does the auto exe bumper come with the additional vent in it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.