Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
678 Posts
I'd love to have mine repainted. But since I've been working from home after Covid I rarely drive anymore, so I'm just not feeling it.

· Registered
610 Posts
That's incredible to get that painted for $400. Even doing the prep work yourself. Decent primer for that car would be $100-200. Red base coat $400-500 for a good brand like PPG. And clear would be another $150. I'd say you did really good.

· Registered
388 Posts
Remember the old Earl Scheib paint jobs... complete car painted for $99.95 :ROFLMAO:

Actually $400.00 is the NEW cheap paint only for a few places now. Many shops buy commercial priced paint so the price is much less than what most DIY or single low volume shops would pay.

· Registered
43 Posts
I had the clear coat peel on that visor thing over the rear window on the 08 hatch. It's plastic and has lived uncovered in the Louisiana sun its entire life. So I consider that pretty good. I thought about getting some of the body stuff taken care of when I turned it over to my daughter. But she lives in New Orleans and it's not to her benefit to have her car looking too good there. And she's more than satisfied with "paid for and running". That red hatch looks great.

· Registered
13 Posts
I would not say that type of paint damage is common. I have never had that occur anywhere on my 2007 hatchback. What is more common if the infamous clearcoat peeling seen on SO MANY cars nowadays!

Do you know if that area still has the factory paint or was it repainted? Do you happen to wash it using a pressure washer? I have had similar paint damage on my Ford truck but it was due to me being a bit too aggressive with a pressure washer and hitting an area of nicked paint and thus the high-pressure water stream blasted thru the nick and under the color coat lifting it away from the primer!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts