Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my bug deflector a few days ago.. Took a bit to get used to, but I'm liking the look quite a bit.. Here are some pics:

-- stokkes

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I try to upkeep her :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looks good. Where did you buy your deflector from Mazda or some other party?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bought with my MZ3 .. came as part of the deal.

They didn't get them in until this week.. Not sure if they're mazda branded or not, but it fits perfectly.

-- stokkes

·
Registered
127 Posts
I love the Red! It's fantastic. The Bug deflector actually doesn't look as bad as I expected it would.

Hey Stokkes, where'd you buy your 3? I haven't come across many from Ottawa here. I ordered mine through Bank Street Mazda.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, bought mine at Bank St. as well!

Btw, don't know if you think that's red, but it's actually Sunset Orange Mica..

:)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I couldn't tell if it was red or orange from the pic. Looked redish to me. I've seen a Sunset Orange 4-door GFX a few times around Merivale Road (maybe it was you), and had a chance to check it out close up at Local Heros (on Merivale) a week ago, and it looked lighter thatn it does in your pics. I do like the orange though. I considered it as well as Velocity Red, but figured it's like a big "Nab Me" beacon to cops. Since I don't have my full G license, I figured it'd be better not to chance it.

How'd you find the service at Bank Street Mazda? I dealt with Chris Mielke, and he's been great so far.

·
Registered
396 Posts
can you take a side pick please???

i'm curious to see how much it sticks up.
i wanted to get one, but they didn't have one yet. and i thought it was going to look ugly on the 3, but it looks good.

and also: is there any drilling into the hood involved?

·
Registered
396 Posts
i'm surprised that this didn't get moved to exterior mods yet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
what does this exactly do..prevent things (bugs?) from hitting the hood?..or getting under it?

makes the car look pretty ugly IMO

·
Registered
75 Posts
lol saltorio isnt his car the lava orange not red ;P
not bad i thought the 3 wouldnt look as good with the deflector
mayb it might look better on a black mazda3

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Purpose of bug deflector

Deflects's bugs, yes, but not the sole purpose..

More importantly, it deflects rocks up and away from the car so as not to chip your hood.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
saltorio,

The service at Bank St has been great so far. I've had the car in for a few things already (growing pains), such as the notorious airbag sensor, and a few other little things, and they've been great. Even gave me a coupon for a free maintenance because i've been there a few times. Really nice people.

6_funk:

I'll take a side pic when it stops raining here :) As for drill holes, that's a good question. I noticed some "suction cups" underneath the deflector, but not any drill holes. I'll open the hood tonight and check underneath for drill holes.

·
Registered
396 Posts
its still useful for pebbles and salt stones, since it is winter.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Useful yes but I can't stand bug deflectors. They make every car look like if it was owned by some grandpa. fugly IMO. Between bugs and little rocks or having my car look ugly all year because of a bug deflector, I'll take the bugs.

Sorry...that's just me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts