Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 5speed hb, titanium grey with abs & xenon & leather, exactly what i wanted. I didn't get such a big discount but i got a semi-decent trade in for my pos hyundai so i was happy.

on a down note, it was less than 48 hours before i got my first dent, something hit my front underspoiler without me noticing, big dent & the grill is bent. :cry: Someone pointed it out to me so it may have happened when it was parked...

First impressions: I REALLY NEED a limited slip differential, not even revving it hard there is mega torque steer during the break in period!

tough to drive in the snow. The ground fx & low profiles & lack of a lsd are conspiring to make driving in the foot of snow we got last night very difficult.

on the positive, the breaking with ABS in the snow is awesome. my first car with 4 wheel disc and i really can tell the difference. The shifter is silky smooth though I wouldn't mind a short shifter.

Also, i bought the extended warranty, seemed like a good deal relative to what i figure i'd spend on fixing things anyways. (maybe its my mindset from my hyundai :oops: ).

Leather is NOT COLD in 0F temperatures. I don't know why people say this...

Well, that's it for now, guess i'm a new member :)

Nick

EDIT: Topic heading :twisted:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Leather is NOT COLD in 0F temperatures. I don't know why people say this...
People say that because they are used to sitting on pleather not leather. Pleather does not disipate temperature like real leather does. But anyways congrates on the car, sucks about the dent but at least you got it out of the way! :p

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
did you say torque steer? was that in the snow only?
Also, was the handling that poor in the snow? (other than the braking?)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Snow Driving

We had about an inch of snow on the road this morning. The 3 needs snows installed. It slipped and spun if you thought about going faster.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
yeah, my car did that (not a Mazda 3). No LSD, 78 hp... yup... good thing I didn't get stuck :p

I think every car, except for AWD cars, need snows installed. Heck, even AWD cars need them too :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
replys

the extended warranty was 899, it was direct from mazda, and bumped it to 5/100000 limited warranty (not just powertrain).

i drive about 20k to 25k a year, so i was happy. I had well over 900 bucks of warranty (and later non-warranty) repairs after 50k on my last car. If i wouldn't have spent 900 bucks on the car in that time i figure i'm ahead. I'm not a big extended warranty guy, but this seemed to make sense.

I haven't had too much trouble in the snow except for starting from a standstill. That's real ugly again because of the slicker low profiles and the low groundfx.

Torque steer on dry but salted roads. esp onramps where i've turned prior to acceleration.

I figured out that the dent must have been from me pulling up too close to a curb. I was so careful too. Never felt a bump or anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts