Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had a problem with my 3. I stopped to get gas and when I got back into my car it wouldn't start. My lights wouldn't even turn on. A buddy I work with passed by and saw I had my hood up and stopped to help. We tried jumping my car and it started after some coaxing but when I turned the wheel to get going the car died. We tried jumping it again to let it charge but couldn't get it started again. So I went to work reluctantly leaving my car at the gas station. After work we went back with some tools and checked the battery which was good. I started pulling off my Buddy Club Condenser and my amp power supply to see if those might have been the problem. Sure enough right after I pulled off the Buddy Club the car started up like brand new. I sent an email to Buddy Club USA since it's only 3 months old and I have yet to hear back from them. We'll see if they'll send me a new one. Until then it's definitely not going back onto my car.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all the connections were very tight. I tried to get them off with my hands and couldn't. I didn't have any tools with me.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
That's f'ed up man. Even if the BCC was faulty, it wouldn't have caused your problem.

Check your battery cables to make sure it's tight to the battery as that could be casuing the electrical problems.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually if the BCC was shorted just enough to lower the battery voltage inside it could cause the problems I was describing. All I know is that once I took it off I had no problems at all.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
thats is really wierd, i have had mine on for almost a year and have had no problems. i sure hope this doesnt happen to me.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
[quote author=Mazda3Pride link=topic=68324.msg1181309#msg1181309 date=1170362832]
Actually if the BCC was shorted just enough to lower the battery voltage inside it could cause the problems I was describing. All I know is that once I took it off I had no problems at all.
[/quote]

dont mean to bring up a dead thread if you call this one but if your BCC was shorted theres a good chance it would have blew up the battery...plus if the Cap thats in the BCC is faulty it would fail to an open circuit not a closed one...(thats all a voltage stabilizer is, is a cap in parallel with the + and - of the battery)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like I said, all I know is that right after I took off the BCC I had no problems at all. So it's staying off for now. Normally I'd agree with you. I'm an electrician by trade, but I can't overlook the obvious either.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
after talking to another person they pointed out that the cap can start to leak a couple mA here and there like 50mA or so and that might be enough to cause that...call BC and see if you can get a replacement because the one you have stopped working...though I am not sure of any sort of warrenty on these as I dont have one or anything.

·
Registered
976 Posts
[quote author=Mazda3Pride link=topic=68324.msg1205947#msg1205947 date=1171418589]
I did email them to no avail. Next step is to call. I'll probably do that some time tomorrow.
[/quote]

You don't have to, the guy from buddy club, Gabe, is on this forum now. His account is "Buddy Club USA", ask him, he'll know what's going.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mine up and died on me the other day not sure why either
did gabe help?

·
Registered
186 Posts
that sucks
i just took mine apart found a loose connection and it seems to work now
these used to be really well built not sure what up

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
[quote author=Mazda3Pride link=topic=68324.msg1847001#msg1847001 date=1194825491]
Nope. never helped. I ended up just throwing my BCC away.
[/quote]

throwing it away? I would have bought it

easily fixable, not a complicated piece of electronics or anything.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts