Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought bucket seats for my 3 and found out that those universal tracks are full of shit and now i gotta buy the ones for a Mz3. Has anyone but bucket seats in their car because i wanna know what you did with the wires that are under the stock seats? I noticed that they are sensors for the seatbelt, airbag, etc. can someone help me out. let me know what you did and how. if you were able to by pass it or something. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
887 Posts
[quote author=RodanMz3 link=topic=139778.msg3012585#msg3012585 date=1237850423]
I just bought bucket seats for my 3 and found out that those universal tracks are full of shit and now i gotta buy the ones for a Mz3. Has anyone but bucket seats in their car because i wanna know what you did with the wires that are under the stock seats? I noticed that they are sensors for the seatbelt, airbag, etc. can someone help me out. let me know what you did and how. if you were able to by pass it or something. Thanks!!!!
[/quote]

lol

fail..

your side airbags wont work....

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
you do know that the stock seats ARE bucket seats right...?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i know there bucket but i bought racing bucket seats....wanna know if anyone here has changed their seats and had problems with the wires under the seats...

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
SOL man :lol:
Only thing i can think of is screw the airbag connectors and leave them under the seat connected to nothing and drive around with your airbag light on......
As for the rails take the ones off the stock seats and make them fit on the ebay universal racing seats (fabrication).

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
yeah that's probably a stupid idea cus none of your airbags will deploy...

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
yep exactly..SOL.

·
Registered
590 Posts
What are you folks talking about? Bride, Sparco and other companies make brackets that fit. A member who actually had bride brackets said he had no airbag light.

Op., you should really search, people have installed aftermarket seats and have threads so maybe you should ask one of them.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
[quote author=d_block link=topic=139778.msg3017217#msg3017217 date=1238017968]
A member who actually had bride brackets said he had no airbag light.
[/quote]

wouldn't be easier to take airbag light from the spedometer cluster? You won't have airbag anyway.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
What are you folks talking about? Bride, Sparco and other companies make brackets that fit. A member who actually had bride brackets said he had no airbag light.

Op., you should really search, people have installed aftermarket seats and have threads so maybe you should ask one of them.
[/quote]
yea thats not a prob, the prob is the airbags. IMO if your car came with airbags and you decide to go with aftermarket seats then your other airbags may not work.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

[/quote]

The brackets are no problem i got the ones for the mazda3 but the only thing that concerns me is the sensors. i would like the airbags to work... althought the harness that i have i can go to the moon with them and i wont come out lol.
let me know if you find that thread thanks

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
which bucket seats did you buy, i'd like to see.

·
Moderate your face
6,577 Posts
[quote author=Nissanfan link=topic=139778.msg3017924#msg3017924 date=1238037660]
A member who actually had bride brackets said he had no airbag light.
[/quote]

wouldn't be easier to take airbag light from the spedometer cluster? You won't have airbag anyway.
[/quote]

This will make your cluster do strange things that you don't want to happen.

·
Registered
590 Posts
[quote author=RodanMz3 link=topic=139778.msg3018396#msg3018396 date=1238072892]

[/quote]

The brackets are no problem i got the ones for the mazda3 but the only thing that concerns me is the sensors. i would like the airbags to work... althought the harness that i have i can go to the moon with them and i wont come out lol.
let me know if you find that thread thanks
[/quote]

I'll work on finding the quote but a member named "blam" said it. And there was a guy who installed sti seats but he used resistors and such. Not sure bout that method.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What about the harnesses. Wheres the best place to bolt these on? Imma try to find the best way possible but if anyone out there has done it before can you plz let me know what you did. thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts