Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got new tires installed today, but while they were removing the wheels one of the studs on the drivers side front broke off. it will be a few days before they get one in from mazda and install it. they say it will be fine to drive on with 4 lugs, but id like to double check and hear what you guys think.

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
I had to drive on 4 on my front left tire because I messed up the threads. You'll be fine...Honda ricers do it all the time ;)

Just make sure the other 4 are nice and tight and don't hit anything like a curb or a serious pot hole :D

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would there be any worry of warping the rotor since there is unequal pressure being applied on the hat?

·
Registered
885 Posts
same thing happened to me, the dealership said i needed a whole new hub? still trying to figure this one out

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^ i believe so. if you take apart the hub, you should be able to drive the stud out with a hammer.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
ok...officially...you DO NOT have to disassemble the hub to knock out the studs! just did mine today and it was very simple!

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yah, i talked to the mechanic and he said it was very simple. they did it in less than 10 minutes, i would have watched but they got it done so quick i didnt even notice my car moved into the shop.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
The only reason why they would have to replace the hub is that the stud stripped the inside. By doing that the stud doesn't even stay in place when tightening the bolt.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
dealership for like $8 a stud, and all you have to do is remove the caliper and hammer the old ones out. at least for the front. cant speak for the rears

1 - 15 of 15 Posts