Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the most difficult to change headlight bulbs on any car I have ever owned. My driver's side low beam has burned out 4 times in 2 1/2 years. Last week I broke the retaining clip for bulb. Dealer says I need to replace the whole light assembly at a cost of $400 parts and labor. The headlight still works but isn't aimed correctly and is loose. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
ummm, the retainer clip is help in place with a phillips screw...remove the screw out comes the clip...find another dealer and see if that clip is a part you can buy alone.

·
Registered
836 Posts
^ Not happening. Mazda doesnt sell the part by itself. It sucks and is pretty damn retarded. Your only options for now are to buy a whole new headlamp find one at the junk yard or you know "get it another way".

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
[quote author=KoRn link=topic=66192.msg1135488#msg1135488 date=1168047320]
or you know "get it another way".
[/quote]

bwahahahahahaha

thats ghey as hell ya can't get just a clip...what about the spring wires used in seats? You could probably hit a j/y and look under a bunch of seats to find the correct guage and then snip out a long enough peice...or call around metal wire suppliers.

good luck man

·
Registered
153 Posts
i know this is old but if anyone else has the same prolem like i did, you could take one off a vw,bmw,audi they all use h7 and most have the same clips as we do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
[quote author=chico102388 link=topic=66192.msg4203594#msg4203594 date=1332025526]
i know this is old but if anyone else has the same prolem like i did, you could take one off a vw,bmw,audi they all use h7 and most have the same clips as we do.
[/quote]

That is extremely helpful. Just ran into this issue recently when I switched out my headlight bulbs and had trouble getting them out let alone putting them back in. Took it to a shop and they wanted $430 per headlight assembly + labor since Mazda doesn't sell the spring clip separately. In fact, no manufacturers seems to sell such a PITA and fragile piece. I'll be visiting some junk yards soon to pick these clips up from salvaged european cars. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
25 Posts
i recently just change my headlight as well, it did took me a while to put the clip off and put back on.. a good 45min worth. PITA

I saw this and was thinking that you can probably cut up a piece of metal coat hanger and give i a try.

Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
has anyone found a way to make.... or a exact make and model car that you can get a retaining clip off of?
i need one for a 2004 mazda 3s

·
Registered
153 Posts
i broke another clip lol stupid things are so fragile well here is the parts number if anyone needs it
Mfg Part# 1J0941160 (dealer)
ECS Part# ES#310758 (ecstuning.com)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts