Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope i posted it in the right place, if not please move it to the right section please.

From Sunday to Monday night, from 1:00am to 7:00am of Monday morning someone managed to brake my drivers side window and only steal my Beltronics 8500 x50 Red radar detector. The car was parked by the road, 25 feet away from my house, and no one has seen anything or heard. At 9:00am in the morning i saw that my window was broke and nothing looked like it was missing, probablly some of the spring breakers smashed it with the baseball bat or something. Anyways, i have satellight radion which is located on the left side of the steering wheel, brand new, it was not even touched, and my Phatnoise in glove corpartment still in place, basically only one thing was taken, just a radar detector. Yesterday i went to a dealership to get a new window, $130 and 3 days of wait because no other dealership in my area had that window for my car. So, now i drive like this, and its dangerous. $%^& i will like killing this ^&*head.

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
bummer! :x

at least it was only the radar detector...i hate criminals...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, i got away only with radar, i had much more to take from my car. Kinda felt some shit like that will happen someday. From now on i will be always putting all the stuff in the glove corpartment and lock it.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
I have a cordless RD and they are hot amongst thieves although I've had it since '02. I always put it in the console or glove just out of habit.

Do you have tints? The one pic from the inside looks as if you do.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=superjudge link=topic=73107.msg1294582#msg1294582 date=1175023606]
I have a cordless RD and they are hot amongst thieves although I've had it since '02. I always put it in the console or glove just out of habit.

Do you have tints? The one pic from the inside looks as if you do.
[/quote]

I think my next RD wont be soon, and if i get one, either cordless or something else that wont be visible. Yes, i have 20% tinting, and it the tint film which still kept 1/2 of the window in place.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, work hard to get nice shit and some scum bag steals it. Nice avatar.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[quote author=G-MAN link=topic=73107.msg1294881#msg1294881 date=1175030658]
Sorry to hear about that, work hard to get nice shit and some scum bag steals it. Nice avatar.
[/quote]

I bet it was one of the highschool or college kids, cause an older man would just take the whole car and take it apart if he had to, but doing this really sucks, $300 for radar and $135 for new window, its been 3 days when i ordered it and it still has not arrived, i will check if it did at the dealership and install it myself. Yes man, you are right, work hard and someone just comes and screws everything up, now i am locking everything inside of my glove box, but because you need a key to open it i may redesign and customize the lock so no need to have the same key to open it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts