Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one of these? Wondered if it's better than the stock mirror? Or does anyone have a different kind of mirror they used to replace the OEM one? Thanks!

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
what's wrong with the oem one?

broadway mirros are huge and ugly. use your side mirrors if you want to see what's on the side of you. hahaha.

·
Registered
13,729 Posts
I have one from Brookstone and Broadway. The one from Brookstone I prefer more (though they stopped making it some time ago). The Broadway mirror bothers me with how it's a convex shape. Distorts images too much imo.

I do like how the mirrors eliminate the blind spots on our cars though.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
[quote author=FemGearHead link=topic=66416.msg1139102#msg1139102 date=1168288455]
I do like how the mirrors eliminate the blind spots on our cars though.
[/quote]

that's why you look over your shoulder

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
I paid like 15$ for mine and I love it.

I don't care if it's ugly, the stock mirror is way too small. I STILL shoulder check as I never trust a mirror.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a flat Broadway mirror that's pretty close to the width of the stock mirror (not sure about exact dimensions). I love it because it feels like the view behind me has "opened up". Unfortunately, everything appears farther away and I can no longer get a good look at any hot chicks driving behind me.

·
Registered
782 Posts
[quote author=wtbM3Hatch link=topic=66416.msg1139256#msg1139256 date=1168295209]
but seems you can get the Broadway in flat too....(the blue might look cool too)

been pondering this too. Anyone have an idea of how the Broadway installs?
[/quote]

Broadway mirrors come in many different lengths and several colors. You want to make sure that you don't get one that's so long that it interferes with the sun visors. If you get a flat mirror you won't have the "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear" thing going on.

The mirrors just clip on over the stock mirrors.

EDIT: Just wanted to add, another advantage of these mirrors is that if you get the right size, they can help block the sun when it happens to be between the sun visors. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts