Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all probably know, the 07s have white/grey dials with RED backlight and BLUE illumination. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can either:

A: Increase the intensity of the BLUE lighting or...
B: Change out the lighting for either something stronger or a different color altogether

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
782 Posts
People have changed the lighting of the gauges, but it takes good soldering skills (no bulbs that you can just switch out). Try searching for gauge LED lighting. And from what I've seen, there's no difference between the 07 gauge lighting and previous years.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK. I think you guys misunderstand. I am not talking about the backlighting (which makes the gauges red font). I am referring to the blue lighting that shines on the faces from above. What can I do about those?

·
Registered
611 Posts
[quote author=Engage link=topic=67214.msg1155662#msg1155662 date=1169127243]
OK. I think you guys misunderstand. I am not talking about the backlighting (which makes the gauges red font). I am referring to the blue lighting that shines on the faces from above. What can I do about those?
[/quote]

This is something i had considered as well. Check out the how too section on the gauge cluster- it dosn't adress it directly but i talked to the guy that did the writeup (can't remember who w/o looking) and he said he thought it was probably the same part number as the 'large' leds he provides part numbers for. You should be able to go in and figure out which leds it is and then with some soldeirng skill remove and replace them. They are surface mount LEDs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts